Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 08:09 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,366 times

Advertisements

You guys/gals are funny.
Walk around in old Kingman once in a while, the only "hipsters" i did see are homeless folks.... Like this fellow...
Pushing a bicycle, and a gas can... Still don't get it..

There are a few nice parts and buildings.

BTW, Always loved that kind trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 07:32 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Hipsters in Kingman? It must be so not mainstream that it's actually cool now... Anyways I was wondering what you meant by the tyranny of KRMC? I am curious because my wife almost took a job there one time a long time ago...
Sorry, took a bit since work started. It's my understanding from people who work in the field that the board members/shareholders were upset a new hospital was being built and had inspectors find ways to shut them down not long after they've opened. The upper management is pretty corrupt.

I mean a second hospital would benefit the city as a whole, less crowded ERs, possibly better staff and possibly slightly less of a ripoff than what KRMC charges you for an ER visit, and more doctors to manage patients but nope, they wouldn't have it.

KRMC doesn't want to lose the monopoly they have so they bought the hospital, but as far as I know they're not doing anything with it... yet.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:58 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Jackpot View Post
I'm not in the medical field but I've heard that KRMC pays very low for the medical field. In fact, I've see some job postings confirming it. So any complaints with care may be due to the better hospitals workers often forgoing that hospital for better pay elsewhere. You pay more, you tend to attract better talent. Or it's harder to retain your good staff and you get high turnover.
Not sure what jobs you're talking about, but I can tell you that's NOT the case for doctors there. KRMC pays doctors ABOVE the national average in order to get them to move their families to Kingman.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:30 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Well, I drove to Kingman yesterday and took a look around.

When it comes to shopping; Kingman IMHO is getting ready to go past Bullhead. 5 Guys Hamburger, Baskin Robbins, Chipotle, Jimmy Johns and so on; none down here. Too; many businesses that I think are in the Kingman city limits like A B Supply, In N Out Burger and so on are either in Fort Mohave or Laughlin. IMHO the business vacancy rate in Kingman is MUCH lower than here.

Kingman is becoming nicer looking with decent roads, sidewalks, curbs compared to Bullhead.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:28 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,965 times
Glad you appreciated the Growth, Shows how much transient traffic flowing through town. A&B supply was in downtown Kingman but they had issues with city permits. So they packed up and moved to the county on Northern Ave.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:32 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
Glad you appreciated the Growth, Shows how much transient traffic flowing through town. A&B supply was in downtown Kingman but they had issues with city permits. So they packed up and moved to the county on Northern Ave.
My bad. I though Northern down to Gordon was in the city limits because that 4 lane def looks like a city street, not a county road in 2015. That means "Birdland" is county? I passed by it on Castle Rock and went yowza! It makes the worst part of Bullhead look like Scottsdale.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:50 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,965 times
The City limits are goofy and take in only the areas that benefit the city. So hopefully the attached file clarifies these.

Here is a link to view the whole enchilada.

http://www.cityofkingman.gov/Portals...zoning_map.pdf

Some folks in Birdland take pride in there little piece of America and keep it looking good others though..

Behind A&B is the area you have heard us mention that is called Buttler area.
Attached Thumbnails
Word is Kingman's getting better and better.-kingman-city-limits.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: