Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 08:24 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,941,579 times

Advertisements

From what I've seen and heard; it seems to Kingman's is becoming more a "hipster" kind of town. Yeah I know: hipster and Mohave County don't really go together but still. There are art festivals, wine bars and so on on Beale St through the year.

Another thread's talking about have Bullhead's getting worse, which it is IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 07:01 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,868,967 times
Is hipster like a trend on how someone dresses and talks? Because we had two mid twenty something guys who dress very... San Franny in which five years ago that's asking to get beaten up by the cowboy crowd.

Though I don't see it. Maybe it's because I don't go downtown, I still remember it being nothing but old relics of the Kingman days trying to hold on to that 50's charm, but I'm at the age where I'm "supposed" to be married with children and the hipsters are twenty somethings aren't they?

Honestly, I'd like to see them take over and drive the funk of old Kingman out. Maybe flush out the good ol boys keeping the town from growing into something more than a tourist trap but that's wishful thinking. We have too many fast food and retail joints as it is, we need a bigger movie theater, another hospital that can withstand the tyranny of KRMC. And dare I say... a Costco.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,941,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Surfer View Post
Is hipster like a trend on how someone dresses and talks? Because we had two mid twenty something guys who dress very... San Franny in which five years ago that's asking to get beaten up by the cowboy crowd.

Though I don't see it. Maybe it's because I don't go downtown, I still remember it being nothing but old relics of the Kingman days trying to hold on to that 50's charm, but I'm at the age where I'm "supposed" to be married with children and the hipsters are twenty somethings aren't they?

Honestly, I'd like to see them take over and drive the funk of old Kingman out. Maybe flush out the good ol boys keeping the town from growing into something more than a tourist trap but that's wishful thinking. We have too many fast food and retail joints as it is, we need a bigger movie theater, another hospital that can withstand the tyranny of KRMC. And dare I say... a Costco.
I'm guessing you live in Kingman and know what's happening. I'm down the hill from you here in Bullhead which has ITS own weird issues, to be nice.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:13 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,868,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm guessing you live in Kingman and know what's happening. I'm down the hill from you here in Bullhead which has ITS own weird issues, to be nice.
Sigh, going on 29 years unfortunately. I've seen a fair share of changes. Fun fact, I used to live in BHC when I was 6 years old, but there was hardly anything out there before mom decided to move to Kingman. Sorry to hear about BHC, it's my understanding it's becoming the pits lately. Which is sad because from my POV you have a lot more stuff than Kingman will ever have.

Now I'm intrigued to go on a hipster watch, because I have noticed the younger crowd are wearing more trendy clothes instead of rocking the leftovers of the Kid Rock n Country generation.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:33 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,322,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Surfer View Post

Hipsters in Kingman? It must be so not mainstream that it's actually cool now... Anyways I was wondering what you meant by the tyranny of KRMC? I am curious because my wife almost took a job there one time a long time ago...

Old 01-26-2015, 11:53 AM

101 posts, read 326,588 times
Are you sure it's hipster and not rockabilly?

Old 01-26-2015, 01:33 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,488,317 times
There has always been a love hate relationship with folks in regards to KRMC. Its not limited to KRMC though just about anywhere you go people will slam a medical facility. Its kinda like the nature of the beast.

Geez if I was a nurse and single I would go as a traveling nurse and not be tied down but then you may or may not have retirement or medical insurance plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Hipsters in Kingman? It must be so not mainstream that it's actually cool now... Anyways I was wondering what you meant by the tyranny of KRMC? I am curious because my wife almost took a job there one time a long time ago...

Old 01-26-2015, 01:46 PM

518 posts, read 874,122 times
I'm not in the medical field but I've heard that KRMC pays very low for the medical field. In fact, I've see some job postings confirming it. So any complaints with care may be due to the better hospitals workers often forgoing that hospital for better pay elsewhere. You pay more, you tend to attract better talent. Or it's harder to retain your good staff and you get high turnover.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:53 PM

518 posts, read 874,122 times
I think I read a while back of a new local craft brewery starting up in Kingman.

That screams possible hipster to me

Old 01-26-2015, 06:27 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,979,218 times
Kingman, the new "South Beach" of the west!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: