Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 01:45 PM

837 posts, read 2,342,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
As I've posted in several posts before:

"Please focus on the 1st few paragraphs, numbers from the Census, and let's end the discussion right there so I'm not accused of using right/left leaning groups to put out an agenda:"

LoL, I did, it's bogus information. The so-called census report takes you to another opinion based blog that cites a study/link that doesn't exist.

Just because you read it on the Internet doesn't mean it's true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 01:48 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,758,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Oh, here we go again about the poor poor children. Actually, I do feel somewhat sorry for the kids who are affected by cuts like these ... however, other people's children are not the public's responsibility. The parents (who I often refer to as breeders) are the ones who are milking the system because they know they can have as many kids as they want & still get government money. That's what is really sad, and just plain wrong.

At this point, if welfare cuts affect these irresponsible breeders, so be it. Anybody who doesn't have the financial resources to raise children on their own shouldn't be having children in the first place. Procreation is not a right. Besides, it doesn't take much money or effort to use effective birth control.

This sums up exactly what I believe, Bummer. There is absolutely no excuse for people to become permanently dependent on gov't assistance. It doesn't help anybody ... in fact, it teaches people to become more dependent and less productive. A good share of people who are living off the public dole seriously need a good kick in the rear end ... and strict limitations on handouts are the best way to potentially accomplish this.
see how easy it is? But just a little wordy imho..

Maybe cut it down like this :

"I'm ok with breeders and their crotch-fruit starving after 12 months of benefits, even if it saves me nothing on my taxes".

Old 05-21-2015, 01:54 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,342,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
see how easy it is? But just a little wordy imho..

Maybe cut it down like this :

"I'm ok with breeders and their crotch-fruit starving after 12 months of benefits, even if it saves me nothing on my taxes".
I'll word it even better, Zippy. If welfare dependent leeches who have no problem with milking the system were to be denied permanent welfare benefits, end up starving, and killing themselves off, I'd actually be fine with that. That way, there would be fewer of these moochers having more offspring who grow up being welfare dependent leeches just like their sperm donating/egg supplying worthless breeder parents! How's that?

Old 05-21-2015, 01:57 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,506,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
LoL, I did, it's bogus information. The so-called census report takes you to another opinion based blog that cites a study/link that doesn't exist.

Just because you read it on the Internet doesn't mean it's true
You proved a url doesn't work which is very common when a url is a few years old. But your conclusion is that equals the number is wrong? Thanks for the laugh if that's your "proof" the data is wrong.

And since you followed up/dug deeper and searched on a working url from the census with this information, you discovered......

Old 05-21-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I'll word it even better, Zippy. If welfare dependent leeches who have no problem with milking the system were to be denied permanent welfare benefits, end up starving, and killing themselves off, I'd actually be fine with that. That way, there would be fewer of these moochers having more offspring who grow up being welfare dependent leeches just like their sperm donating/egg supplying worthless breeder parents! How's that?
I'll make it even more concise for Zippy....Darwinism.

Another human meanie for sure!

Old 05-21-2015, 02:06 PM

837 posts, read 2,342,516 times
Ok, so here is the only actual data I was able to obtain from the links provided. Granted, it was just a spreadsheet with no working link to the originating source.

If this 2011 chart is representative of the entire population it means, 100% of the U.S population (306 million) receive some sort of govt subsidy from Social security all the way down to medicaid.
I am far from a statistician, however I have a hard time believing this ambiguous chart represents what the author is claiming.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
see, here you go again with the weasel-words.

"I'm in favor of letting those with little education and poor job histories starve after 12 months of benefits. Hopefully, churches or food banks or sparkly unicorns will spare them from death when the money runs out, but if not - I'm o.k. with it".

All you had to say. A lot less typing too.
I respect your talent at being concise.

But in addition to the above, all I'll add is....it's a personal choice for most on what they make of their life. We each make our own bed. Therefore, one's poor life decisions shouldn't become my burden to fund.

And yes, it's a free country on some levels....if churches, private donors, food banks, etc. want to give their money to a cause, more power to them.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:27 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,270,492 times
http://www.statista.com/statistics/241530/birth-rate-by-family-income-in-the-us/

A little off topic about current welfare.. It somewhat surprized me that in 2010 the birth rate for under 10K income is almost 80% higher than for over 75K income. Looks like if you are made responsible for your kids money wise, you dont have as many. Birth rate is like compound interest with money. A little cold hearted to say but it seems like we are investing in high growth of the under 10K income group. And some people are trying to get rid of the free family planning...

Old 05-21-2015, 08:07 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,873,914 times
Quote:
I will probably regret this but I have to ask.

If you hit hard times and needed welfare assistance and couldn't pull yourself up by your boot straps after 12 months, would you kill yourself? Wouldn't you be one of the leeches ? What about your kids? Wouldn't they be leeches too? Do they have to kill themselves ?

After all, it would be cheaper for everyone instead of being treated for starvation etc at the local hospitals and having medicaid pay for it all.

Obviously, 12 months is enough time to become a productive member of society. If you can't figure it out after 12 months, might as well go down for the dirt nap instead.

As an added bonus maybe I can save .0000000000000000000000000000000001 cents on my tax return.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:48 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,959,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I will probably regret this but I have to ask.

If you hit hard times and needed welfare assistance and couldn't pull yourself up by your boot straps after 12 months, would you kill yourself? Wouldn't you be one of the leeches ? What about your kids? Wouldn't they be leeches too? Do they have to kill themselves ?

After all, it would be cheaper for everyone instead of being treated for starvation etc at the local hospitals and having medicaid pay for it all.

Obviously, 12 months is enough time to become a productive member of society. If you can't figure it out after 12 months, might as well go down for the dirt nap instead.

As an added bonus maybe I can save .0000000000000000000000000000000001 cents on my tax return.
Agreed. I used to make an Ok living but, things HAVE gotten much harder for me. Too, I've just been diagnosed with PTSD and it's really starting to be a problem for me finding steady work.

It seems once a person hits about 50 that we ain't wanted anymore, even people that have a LOT of experience as well as "education".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona