Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 01:31 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,960,331 times

Advertisements

Just curious since I am getting older with lots of aches and pains and do not trust pharmaceutical companies since they created my sons autism,with dirty vaccines, have any older folks had success treating their medical problems with medical maijuana type medications?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 02:57 PM

156 posts, read 422,785 times
Mom mother has(70). She is a cancer survivor that went through intense neutron radiation therapy. All the radiation has left her with terrible rheumatoid arthritis. She no longer takes pain pills. She does the cannabis edibles & tinctures.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:00 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,753,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Just curious since I am getting older with lots of aches and pains and do not trust pharmaceutical companies since they created my sons autism,with dirty vaccines, have any older folks had success treating their medical problems with medical maijuana type medications?
This month's Nat Geo mag has a good article on weed.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:41 AM

18,949 posts, read 8,578,489 times
As a primary care doc in AZ I have seen limited success. I don't recommend it often, but it seems about a 50% useful rate in my patients.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:10 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,960,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
As a primary care doc in AZ I have seen limited success. I don't recommend it often, but it seems about a 50% useful rate in my patients.
Would you know what delivery method those with succcess use such as tincture,edible and for what symptoms have you recommended the use of mmj for or what symptoms seem to respond with a higher success rate.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Would you know what delivery method those with succcess use such as tincture,edible and for what symptoms have you recommended the use of mmj for or what symptoms seem to respond with a higher success rate.
I do not. I leave it up to the individual patients to get that advice or figure it out themselves. I will not be doing much in the way of training or research in this realm.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:23 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,097,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I do not. I leave it up to the individual patients to get that advice or figure it out themselves. I will not be doing much in the way of training or research in this realm.
Without being critical, I have noticed your attitude seems quite common among mainstream physicians, my own well respected internist included. My primary care doc practices "integrative" medicine. He's first and foremost and internal med doc, but his clinic also has an herbalist, a practitioner in eastern medicine, and he himself is also a homeopath. We've chatted about this at some length in purely academic fashion as I have no need of a card. When it comes to MMj, which certainly seems as benign as lots of the herbal protocols he recommends, he backpedals. I don't get it. Is there some perceived professional risk for a doctor to favor MMj?

Old 06-27-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparrito View Post
Without being critical, I have noticed your attitude seems quite common among mainstream physicians, my own well respected internist included. My primary care doc practices "integrative" medicine. He's first and foremost and internal med doc, but his clinic also has an herbalist, a practitioner in eastern medicine, and he himself is also a homeopath. We've chatted about this at some length in purely academic fashion as I have no need of a card. When it comes to MMj, which certainly seems as benign as lots of the herbal protocols he recommends, he backpedals. I don't get it. Is there some perceived professional risk for a doctor to favor MMj?
From my training 'First do no harm' remains extremely prominent in my practice. I'm later in my career, so I tend to do and work less with newer medical innovations. Not enough good or easy enough ways to get what I would consider to be the necessary training and experience.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:33 AM

8,081 posts, read 7,005,540 times
Marijuana is more of a way to alleviate your mind from thinking of the pain and enjoying yourself. That said, I'd use MJ 10x before using painkillers and it's not hard to get it prescribed in the Phoenix area. Good luck, it will change your life in a good way if you've ever had to use prescribed narcotics.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:35 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,230,611 times
I find it oxymoron that physicians are readily and willing to write out prescriptions to medications, that some do more harm than good. Physicians will not educate their selves on the Cons of certain medications so not educating their selves on the Pros of Mary Jane doesn't surprise me. When you hear commercials on drugs, just hearing the list of what that drug can do to you is frightening. I probably know more about certain drugs than most physicians because I took the time out to educate myself but that was after the fact sadly to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona