Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 01:01 PM

4,068 posts, read 5,139,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wscuellar View Post
So I would like to know where it says the HOV lane is a regular fast lane when in off hours,I ha e been looking and can't find it...
Actually...it is only an HOV lane during the hours posted...it is on the signs...we don't need full time HOV lanes, YET. Not that they are designated "fast lanes", just that they can be used as the far left lane during non peak hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 01:04 PM

4,068 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N804SY View Post
It is the most dangerous thing I have ever seen and it why other states have entry and exit points.
How is it any more dangerous than any other lane on the freeway? It really isn't that hard to grasp except for the different line markings..it is just another lane, except during the posted times that it is an HOV lane...pretty simple.

What gets me is the reverse lanes on the 7s.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:56 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
How is it any more dangerous than any other lane on the freeway? It really isn't that hard to grasp except for the different line markings..it is just another lane, except during the posted times that it is an HOV lane...pretty simple.

What gets me is the reverse lanes on the 7s.
My aunt said that when she first moved here in the late 50s that many more of the major streets in Phoenix had them, but then they all went away eventually except for 7th St and 7th Ave.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:51 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
My aunt said that when she first moved here in the late 50s that many more of the major streets in Phoenix had them, but then they all went away eventually except for 7th St and 7th Ave.
That's interesting because I've been around since the 1960s and I only remember 7th Street & 7th Avenue having those reverse lanes all that time. I really wish they'd get rid of those stupid lanes because they can be dangerous, and they're not even needed anymore. They were put in place during a time when Phoenix was lacking a true freeway system, but that has changed in the last 20 years or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona