Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,948 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I moved to Washington after saving money for about a year to do so, we loved Washington and living there but had to move back shortly because hubby could not find a well paying enough job, and there wasn't many jobs in the area we were able to live, he would've had to change fields (and I wish he did) :crying Our family helped us with money to move us back cuz they wanted us close and hubby had a good job here in Az. Well now he is wanting to go back to school to get a degree which may take many years and I just don't want to be stuck here for long because I'm already feeling depressed, I'd move anywhere at this point. He is not on board to move because of all we've been through and I feel our family may get angry to if we moved anywhere. What to do?? Very depressed? How to feel better about desert living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 12:21 PM

36 posts, read 49,707 times
I know what it's like to live in a place that you don't like. I was miserable when I had to live in Aurora Colorado for two years because of my fiancee's job. I will be completely honest with you, no matter what I did, I could not pull myself out of being depressed until we moved away. My advice to you is to let your husband know how serious this is, because if you guys don't compromise this could put one heck of a strain on your marriage. You guys should both move to a state that you both will enjoy, and be happy in. Besides, your happiness matters just as much as his does, and when one of you is miserable, you both will be.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:29 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times
Sounds like there are issues fueling the depression that don't have anything to do with where you are living. Yes, you two need to talk before you move any more. If talking together with a counselor would help, do that, too.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:01 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Liberty View Post
I know what it's like to live in a place that you don't like. I was miserable when I had to live in Aurora Colorado for two years because of my fiancee's job. I will be completely honest with you, no matter what I did, I could not pull myself out of being depressed until we moved away. My advice to you is to let your husband know how serious this is, because if you guys don't compromise this could put one heck of a strain on your marriage. You guys should both move to a state that you both will enjoy, and be happy in. Besides, your happiness matters just as much as his does, and when one of you is miserable, you both will be.
I am in the same boat. I moved away to a place where although I've been here for over a year, I really don't like and no matter what I do, I can't seem to feel better or like this place. I want to move away so bad.
I agree with letting your husband know how you feel. Life is too short to live in a place you don't like.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:02 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Sounds like there are issues fueling the depression that don't have anything to do with where you are living. Yes, you two need to talk before you move any more. If talking together with a counselor would help, do that, too.
No, her first post clearly states that she was happy in Washington but couldn't make it work and is depressed back in AZ. Living in a place you don't like can greatly impact feelings of sadness and depression.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:14 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,630,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Liberty View Post
What was depressing about Aurora? It isn't bad like Boulder.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:19 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,956,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
What was depressing about Aurora? It isn't bad like Boulder.
They don't call it Saudi Aurora for nothing . . .

I once lived near it myself. It's a flat hole with southward sprawl. blah. What's the point of living in Colorado if you choose to live in West Kansas?

I wouldn't call Boulder bad, by most objective standards it's good, especially economically (startups abundant). It attracts more venture capital than the entire State of Arizona combined. We could only be so lucky.

As for the depression for OP, you've already experienced desert living and returning just brought it back out in you, especially after seeing what else is out there. It's either cope and push that feeling away or jump at moving the second you can. But I also know some people who are just unhappy whenever they move and miss what they had, despite hating it while they were there.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:14 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,692,946 times
I agree with Observer . . .

The issues described definitely sound like much more than "Living In Arizona"!

Some of us are able to find happiness no matter where we are living while others are always quick to blame unhappiness on something and/or someone else.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:56 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,875,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hales123 View Post
How to feel better about desert living?
Get pool put in your back yard.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:36 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,808,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
Get pool put in your back yard.

Or find a friend who has one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona