Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 02:23 PM

136 posts, read 141,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
SF is where I want to live!!!

You could be doing the people poo dodge dance......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 06:00 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,615,407 times
Default Snakes in Arizona pools!

And yet another reason why Arizona is TER-RI-BLE!

Old 09-06-2018, 07:32 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,991,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
I think he was talking salary, but probably still applies.
I was talking salary too, but you’re right, either way it still applies!

Old 09-13-2018, 01:23 PM

717 posts, read 453,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Let me see, how to start. Arizona has so many faults and bad things about it that I can not see why any one would even consider moving here from any where else in the country, let alone the world. First off is the obvious. Arizona is nothing but a dry super hot forbidding desert. The temperature usually runs over 100 degrees and there is no rainfall. In the small parts of Arizona that are cooler, the temperatures will run about 10 degrees below zero and you will have 10 feet of snow.

But to continue; Arizona is a welfare state and leaches off the rest of the country:

Arizona again among Most Dependent States on Federal Government Subsidies

Further into the evils of Arizona is the politics:

Gov. Roscoe signs Dark Money Bill

Gov. Doug Ducey Expected To Sign Abortion-Restricting Bills

Senator McCain Strikes Down AZ GOP Extremists, Cleans up AZ GOP

State Feeling Pinch of Lost Corporate Tax Revenue, expected to exceed 538 million annually starting in 2018

And do not forget the infamous Arizona SB1070, the most racist bill ever passed in the history of the world.

Let's move on. How about the water. Take a look at just this one:

Lake Mead sinks to record lows

And then how depressing it is to have ever lived in Arizona:

Moved out of Az then back to Az now depressed?? What to do!

Do not forget how depressing and awful the landscape is. After all, Arizona is nothing but desert rocks with no form:

Arizona desert vs. California desert (Strictly rural and geographic scenery, no urban talk)

Next, it is the education system. Usually it is rated on how much $$ is spent, as if how many dollars=the quality of the education in one place. But then there's this:

Teachers flee Arizona

So, to suffice, anyone who is thinking about moving to Arizona should well be warned off. However, if that is not enough, for heavens sake do not forget about the gun laws in Arizona.

There are hardly any. It is a virtual Wild West. You will see guns every where on every one. The only reason you might not is because Arizona does not require a permit to carry concealed. And not only that, but Arizona has a law to allow folks who have been convicted of certain (non-violent) felonies to be able to have those self same rights as well.

Oh the agony! So, do not come to Arizona to visit or relocate unless you are willing to deal with it.

Arizona has more sunshine hours than Florida and Hawaii and without the sticky muggy humidity. Great for outdoors even in summer if you do pool activities.

Water and a fan gives you free roam with no fear anything will get rained on or ruined if left outside. In fact you can use a clothesline if you have too much to put in dryer at once in summer. The heat won’t make you sweat either.

Cost of living is quite affordable in Arizona and Phoenix could be the next Silicon Valley tech hub without hours of traffic commuting and where work-life balance is ideal.

Arizona is doing young people a favor by keeping tuition low and having ASU offer classes online. The goal is to allow young people to obtain licensing and degree requirements without a life hell of neverending student loans. This is necessary cost control and can even free up cash for BETTER than ever educational investments not going to debt on top of debt.

The Wild West analogy is actually inviting to some and maybe it’s a place to go if you are a gun hobbyist and nothing wrong with that.

What I like most about Arizona is really nice winters, lots of sunshine, lots of topography like red rocks, mountain hikes, native history, Grand Canyon hiking, but also if you want some greenery you can drive out to Durango, Colorado and it’s absolutely beautiful.

Also the Mexican influence is unique, southwest cuisine is a staple. I also like Sedona for pink Jeep fun for your little ones.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:46 PM

2,774 posts, read 5,729,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
Arizona has more sunshine hours than Florida and Hawaii and without the sticky muggy humidity. Great for outdoors even in summer if you do pool activities.

Water and a fan gives you free roam with no fear anything will get rained on or ruined if left outside. In fact you can use a clothesline if you have too much to put in dryer at once in summer. The heat won’t make you sweat either.

Cost of living is quite affordable in Arizona and Phoenix could be the next Silicon Valley tech hub without hours of traffic commuting and where work-life balance is ideal.

Arizona is doing young people a favor by keeping tuition low and having ASU offer classes online. The goal is to allow young people to obtain licensing and degree requirements without a life hell of neverending student loans. This is necessary cost control and can even free up cash for BETTER than ever educational investments not going to debt on top of debt.

The Wild West analogy is actually inviting to some and maybe it’s a place to go if you are a gun hobbyist and nothing wrong with that.

What I like most about Arizona is really nice winters, lots of sunshine, lots of topography like red rocks, mountain hikes, native history, Grand Canyon hiking, but also if you want some greenery you can drive out to Durango, Colorado and it’s absolutely beautiful.

Also the Mexican influence is unique, southwest cuisine is a staple. I also like Sedona for pink Jeep fun for your little ones.
Bada boomp boomp boomp, another one bites the dust.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:01 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,095,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Bada boomp boomp boomp, another one bites the dust.
Not really. He didn't give the old, 'if you don't like it' routine . . .

Old 09-14-2018, 11:21 AM

2,774 posts, read 5,729,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Not really. He didn't give the old, 'if you don't like it' routine . . .
You're right, needs that biting edge.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:55 PM

7,050 posts, read 6,305,249 times
Rats, should have commented here rather than making a new post about the lack of brilliant sunsets. The state made me look like a liar.

Sure enough, there's one tonight
albeit a small one. Thanks, Arizona. They've left, of course.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:09 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,095,889 times
Oh my, the terrible state of our education system floats up again:

The Teachers Movement - when teachers got angry

Arizona, failing once again with funding education

As I said in the latter thread linked, please tell (not yell) me how the quantity of dollars spent equates to the quality?

Old 09-17-2018, 08:56 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,615,407 times
We're in a TER-RI-BLEâ„¢ state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona