Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prop 205 to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in Arizona
I vote YES. 84 66.14%
I vote NO. 37 29.13%
Undecided / No Opinion 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 02:44 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,176,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First off, tobacco age is 18 and now 21 in some places. As for the rest, well, I think I've made it pretty clear in prior posts that more information is needed before legalization occurs. We know what we don't know yet.
I'm beginning to wonder why some are so hell bent on making it legal RIGHT NOW? Maybe it's because the visions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ are dancing in their heads?
The visions of private prison corporations who eat a larger part of our state budget every year are dancing for you somehow?

Old 11-03-2016, 03:06 PM

792 posts, read 1,301,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
One more reason to remove the schedule 1 designation to allow research.
And there my friend is where the battle needs fought...at the Federal level...until such time as reclassification occurs this is a futile effort !

Old 11-03-2016, 03:14 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,723,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
And there my friend is where the battle needs fought...at the Federal level...until such time as reclassification occurs this is a futile effort !
You have it backwards: states push the boundaries forcing the feds to put up or shut up. Waiting for bought and paid for pols in DC to do what the people want instead of what big pharma and the narco industrial complex (among others) want has been a miserable failure.

The people are speaking up and they are saying stop wasting billions of dollars fighting weed.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Exactly one of the points I've been trying to make. As for the trucker thing, was one for many years and I think people'd be amazed at how many truck drivers do drugs while driving. Everything from pot to good old "road dope" aka meth.
Some of the tweakers/potheads used to scare the living snot out of me having to share the road with them...
And you and I both know that there have been "jacked up" semi drivers as long probably as there have been trucks. However, now, let that same guy get popped in a random or post accident test and I will show you an "x" driver. There is simply way too many unknowns to support the recreational measure...Legalization at this point may only make it worse...don't confuse decriminalization with legalization...I don't care to see any young kids life ruined over one lapse in judgement....simply making it legal doesn't address all the other unknowns.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:29 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
And you and I both know that there have been "jacked up" semi drivers as long probably as there have been trucks. However, now, let that same guy get popped in a random or post accident test and I will show you an "x" driver. There is simply way too many unknowns to support the recreational measure...Legalization at this point may only make it worse...don't confuse decriminalization with legalization...I don't care to see any young kids life ruined over one lapse in judgement....simply making it legal doesn't address all the other unknowns.
I promise your kids can find it without it legalized. Decriminalizing only endorses the black market. That means you can use without getting in trouble without legal channels to purchase. Where is there left to purchase in that scenario?

But "save the children" the mantra that precludes everybody else from doing consensual activities because you can't raise your own children.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:52 PM

Decriminalizing can provide greater LEO and court discretion...The drug laws from the Rockefeller era were brutal, and very discriminatory. You are right...it's everywhere...as is meth, heroin....etc etc...

I don't have a crystal ball for what the future holds, but I do know that those states already having "legalized" this "harmless plant" are facing a lot of issues, previously not considered.

There is no one good answer...but it does seem logical to consider those currently known "unknowns" prior to full blown legalization...

This whole issue reminds me of an ongoing year long argument I had with my 18 year old kid, 20 years ago. He wanted a Corvette...period end of story. Me simply saying no using logical reasoning only brought further argument...and then I got wise.

I said...you figure out how to buy it, insure it, and maintain it and I will wash it for you for one year....That ended the discussion...no more debate....that was 20 years ago...I am still waiting to wash it...!

He now has a little six year old daughter that can't ride her bicycle without more armor than an Iraq soldier..."But Pops...she might get hurt". Funny how age and experience changed his perspective !

Last edited by Irish4evr; 11-03-2016 at 04:10 PM..

Old 11-03-2016, 04:49 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,292,121 times
What most don't realize is that it is pretty much legal NOW! Anyone who thinks they can't get medicinal marijuana is truly clueless. There are no strict medical diagnoses that need to be met and many of them are subjective and do not require objective data to prove such as pain, migraines or anxiety. AND anyone can pretty much write for it. It's not limited to medical doctors. In fact, it was reported that physicians (MD, DO) only account for 20% of the providers who write for it. Naturopaths, homeopaths, chiropractors...anyone can write for it and there are plenty of providers who are hurting for business that cater their practice to the marijuana crowd in order to generate business.

I say take out the middle man. Make it legal. Because you are fooling yourself if you think a 21 yo can't walk into a naturopath's office, demand chronic pain and get a card to get weed. The only difference is the person has to the pay the provider a fee to get the card. All you are doing now is making healthcare providers rich.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:07 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,365,112 times
Early ballots have started right? Do they release numbers day by day or just one final count?

Is there a magic number of votes needed or percentage or how does that work?

Old 11-03-2016, 08:13 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,365,112 times
Lol ^^^^^

Then it drops down to a 2 or 3 for a few hours...

Old 11-03-2016, 08:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
What most don't realize is that it is pretty much legal NOW! Anyone who thinks they can't get medicinal marijuana is truly clueless. There are no strict medical diagnoses that need to be met and many of them are subjective and do not require objective data to prove such as pain, migraines or anxiety. AND anyone can pretty much write for it. It's not limited to medical doctors. In fact, it was reported that physicians (MD, DO) only account for 20% of the providers who write for it. Naturopaths, homeopaths, chiropractors...anyone can write for it and there are plenty of providers who are hurting for business that cater their practice to the marijuana crowd in order to generate business.

I say take out the middle man. Make it legal. Because you are fooling yourself if you think a 21 yo can't walk into a naturopath's office, demand chronic pain and get a card to get weed. The only difference is the person has to the pay the provider a fee to get the card. All you are doing now is making healthcare providers rich.
So you freely admit that it's pretty much legal now right? I mean, since anyone (your words) can get it? So, what has that done to the black market? NOTHING. There's still tons of pot flowing across the AZ border.

So there goes that argument right?
You are not "taking out the middle man" you are INSERTING another one (a HUGE money sucking one) causing the costs to rise so people seek out black market CHEAPER pot not to mention open AZ up as a bigger gateway to the states where it's still illegal as is happening in CO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona