Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prop 205 to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in Arizona
I vote YES. 84 66.14%
I vote NO. 37 29.13%
Undecided / No Opinion 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:51 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,244,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
If prop 205 doesn't pass, will there be another effort next time to make it better?
It is too much money for them to leave it alone. We need to legalize it but not with 205 and apparently most people agree.

I know it's still a tad early to say that and I could be eating my words later today but oh well.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:24 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,957,969 times
Next time it needs to allow anyone to open a pot store and sell without all the govt corruptions allowing only a very few lucky or gangsters to own the stores and make millions.

Give everyone a chance.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
It is too much money for them to leave it alone. We need to legalize it but not with 205 and apparently most people agree.

I know it's still a tad early to say that and I could be eating my words later today but oh well.
Well, 205 LOST thankfully.

Let's hope that this debate spurs some action on decriminalizing simple possession and a serious effort to study the drug and our policies to figure out what we don't yet know.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:30 AM

402 posts, read 613,354 times
So many misinformed people out there still. its sad.

And the people who think it should change the bill so everyone can open stores and grow unlimited plants at home. That kind of thing will NEVER EVER happen. Anywhere. Never pass a bill like that.

But it doesnt matter. AZ wont get another shot at this. The only state to vote no to marijuana this year. So more people suffer ruined lives and prosecution over a plant because in your uninformed minds the bill wasnt perfect. No bill ever written is perfect.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:03 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,692,569 times
I guess all the fear mongering worked.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:04 AM

445 posts, read 516,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, 205 LOST thankfully.

Let's hope that this debate spurs some action on decriminalizing simple possession and a serious effort to study the drug and our policies to figure out what we don't yet know.
I still think it is a mistake to keep it illegal, but in light of the election results I'm on board with what you're saying. Hopefully it stimulates some fact-based dialogue and research so that a better bill can be on the ballot in a few years.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
So many misinformed people out there still. its sad.

And the people who think it should change the bill so everyone can open stores and grow unlimited plants at home. That kind of thing will NEVER EVER happen. Anywhere. Never pass a bill like that.

But it doesnt matter. AZ wont get another shot at this. The only state to vote no to marijuana this year. So more people suffer ruined lives and prosecution over a plant because in your uninformed minds the bill wasnt perfect. No bill ever written is perfect.
You may be right BUT there's a big difference between "perfect" and good. Eventually, in fact maybe due to this election Cannabis will be looked into at the Federal level which is what has to change before ANY meaningful change can happen at the state level.
As long as this remains a Schedule 1 drug it really doesn't matter what laws the states pass. Potheads and those who believe in the medicinal value of Cannabis (I'm one of the latter) better hope that this administration doesn't get a bug up it's collective butt to enforce Federal laws again like they did a few years ago.

If all of the people on this thread and in this state who have been so vocal about passing 205 got together and started lobbying the White House for at least a drop in designation to Schedule 2 status so it can be legally studied/prescribed it'd be a BIG step towards what you seek.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:35 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Well it was legalized in NV and CA, we got another shot at this. Hopefully with a better bill.

Side note: recreational weed in Vegas is interesting.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:43 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,282,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
So far, it looks like it won't pass but there are a lot of votes left particularly in Pima county which leans left.
Pima County votes for democrats mainly because it is so Hispanic, not because it is more "progressive". I think with these type of propositions they vote more conservatively as they really aren't any more socially liberal. I think the way this proposition was written was the problem, if it comes back in a cleaner form in a few years, it may pass. California voted their proposition down 6 years ago before passing it this time. I think people will watch CA to see how this helps and we will see it again in the near future.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Well it was legalized in NV and CA, we got another shot at this. Hopefully with a better bill.

Side note: recreational weed in Vegas is interesting.
Well given that many see Vegas as the Sodom and Gomorrah of the west, where anything goes as long as it's profitable it's not surprising is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona