Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:37 PM

445 posts, read 516,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
There is an alternate way between Phoenix and Flag, 87 to Clints Well, then Coconino National Forest Rd 3/Lake Mary Rd, paved the whole way and goes right into Flagstaff
This also adds well over an hour to the drive. Besides...most of the time when the traffic is an issue on I-17, it's because traffic is stopped (usually due to an accident). By the time you're caught in that, you're well past the point where you can choose to take 87.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 09:01 PM

576 posts, read 833,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post

Good points, but speed isn't the cause of backups ... slowpokes are mainly to blame for that! It's a matter of knowing WHEN to slow down & proceed with caution. I definitely agree about the rubberneckers/gawkers. There again, they cause the backups because they SLOW DOWN unnecessarily and cause others behind them to hit the brakes.
Well, if speed was the cause or contributor to the original accident, (which it is in many cases), then yes it can be a cause of the backups, because if there had been no accident, the gawkers wouldn't have a reason to gawk! Sometimes you need to look all the way back to the root cause.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:43 AM

218 posts, read 351,250 times
Default Raise National Gas (Consumption) Tax to Widen Freeways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
According to ADOT, the I-17 fix is too costly, of $125 million.

ADOT: I-17 traffic fix too costly to be feasible | The Daily Courier | Prescott, AZ

That's a load of BS in my opinion. Take a look at the interstate west of Denver called I-70. They managed to widen it to 3 lanes both directions up to Empire. West of the Eisenhower tunnel, it's 3 lanes both directions and the inclines and passes are MUCH more steep than anything on I-17.

If it was done in Colorado on I-70, it can be accomplished on I-17. Time to widen it, no excuses.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.6670...2!8i6656?hl=en
Rural interstates need more funding in the USA and raising the national gas tax could help with financing the widening. Another nearby interstate that needs widening is on the top 10 list of nation's most dangerous freeways, I-10. It could also be three lanes in each direction from Buckeye to Indio, Ca. Likewise, the 15 from Vegas to San Bernardino.

Old 11-01-2016, 02:22 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,644,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona89A View Post
Rural interstates need more funding in the USA and raising the national gas tax could help with financing the widening. Another nearby interstate that needs widening is on the top 10 list of nation's most dangerous freeways, I-10. It could also be three lanes in each direction from Buckeye to Indio, Ca. Likewise, the 15 from Vegas to San Bernardino.
I drive 15 between Vegas and LA alot, and it is already 3 lanes each way from Barstow to Victorville, and 4 lanes each way from Victorville to Rancho Cucamonga

Old 11-02-2016, 02:39 AM

218 posts, read 351,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I drive 15 between Vegas and LA alot, and it is already 3 lanes each way from Barstow to Victorville, and 4 lanes each way from Victorville to Rancho Cucamonga
Glad to hear that, that area is developing quickly, and the entire corridor between the NV line and down can be developed for manufacturing and industry.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:17 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,644,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona89A View Post
Glad to hear that, that area is developing quickly, and the entire corridor between the NV line and down can be developed for manufacturing and industry.
A lot of that land is owned by the BLM/Federal Government
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona