Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 07:58 PM

25 posts, read 33,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Bisbee Killer Termites is a gag. I wish it were a team that was actually being formed. Do you want to move to Bisbee because of Stanhope?

forgot to hit quote in my previous reply to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 08:12 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,372,010 times
Bisbee is one of those neat places. But do not kid yourself. It is old hippy. If you don't like the smell of Pot you will not be happy there. And they would ignore tweakers there until they left.

My mother was the democratic committee chair in that part of the world for a couple of years. Classical stereotype New Yorker carrying the torch for the nonexistent Democrats. However she did get to hold her meetings in Tombstone and Bisbee.

Go stay a couple of weeks at the Copper Queen. Nice place and pretty well run...or was...been a couple of years.

Then go buy 10 acres out on a hill and build a place. Perfect for hay bail and that sort of construction. Artist friend has a straw bail house and a 4,000 SF steel outbuilding. Perfect happiness.

Don't miss that it is a weird place and you should try it for a while. Mother liked the Hippies but was clear she would never live there.

If you want more civilization move into or near Sierra Vista. Much more civilized.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:06 PM

6,406 posts, read 8,997,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntaintedSwim View Post
No, we dont want to move there for a man. We are just in between Austin (where I have lived & homes are double) or Bisbee. We are major homebodies and not drinkers so do not have Stanhope 'thoughts' but would surely shake his hand if we saw him. Why do you ask? I only glance at the twitter so wasnt sure if termites was a gag. But have a great pic of Rocker wearing the shirt & Doug mentioned he may play ball in Bisbee. I am not into baseball so maybe we both have facts slightly off
Moving to Bisbee from NYC seems so random and since you mentioned Stanhope I was curious. People have moved to there because of him before.

I'd recommend visiting before moving.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:30 PM

861 posts, read 2,193,001 times
Bisbee has several neighborhoods, or maybe you could call them Burroughs.
Old Bisbee
Lowell
Warren
San Jose

And maybe more.

They all have their own personality.

There is a lot more to the town then just Main Street

Old 11-01-2016, 01:31 AM

26 posts, read 49,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Moving to Bisbee from NYC seems so random and since you mentioned Stanhope I was curious. People have moved to there because of him before.

I'd recommend visiting before moving.
>>>>>>

WE WILL. I know it could be hate or love. Sad thing is, I know from experience you do not have a feel for a place until after 2 months of living there. He cannot take off two months of work. I work online and can do it anywhere.

We live in LA,CA now. 8 HOUR drive.
I have lived most of my adult life in NYC, not he. I really despise LA. I hear you. It does sound random but I have lived in williamsburg, brooklyn (hipster meets euro heaven) los feliz in LA, Austin, Soho in Manhattan, et.
But now we want to buy so it is Austin or Bisbee where we get double for our money. Doug speaking highly of it for so many years didn't hurt my intrigue for it in the least I think I would adore giving Bingo a hug Not into football or drinking too much so do not think we would have a lot in common but I like the two of them a lot from afar. I heard of a couple people moving there due to him ......are you saying a significant amount did? That is interesting.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Bisbee has several neighborhoods, or maybe you could call them Burroughs.
Old Bisbee
Lowell
Warren
San Jose

And maybe more.

They all have their own personality.

There is a lot more to the town then just Main Street
>>

This is what I was getting at.

If you do not know yet how to drive seems common sense to choose Old Bisbee but yet all the real groceries are in San Jose and I did just read on trip adviser one bus to a few places and one cab. So I thought that was good news. Thanks for your comment. Appreciate it.

Last edited by untainted_swim; 11-01-2016 at 02:44 AM..

Old 11-01-2016, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Bisbee is one of those neat places. But do not kid yourself. It is old hippy. If you don't like the smell of Pot you will not be happy there. And they would ignore tweakers there until they left.

My mother was the democratic committee chair in that part of the world for a couple of years. Classical stereotype New Yorker carrying the torch for the nonexistent Democrats. However she did get to hold her meetings in Tombstone and Bisbee.

Go stay a couple of weeks at the Copper Queen. Nice place and pretty well run...or was...been a couple of years.

Then go buy 10 acres out on a hill and build a place. Perfect for hay bail and that sort of construction. Artist friend has a straw bail house and a 4,000 SF steel outbuilding. Perfect happiness.

Don't miss that it is a weird place and you should try it for a while. Mother liked the Hippies but was clear she would never live there.

If you want more civilization move into or near Sierra Vista. Much more civilized.
>>

HI,
A little scared my s/o will see Sierra and prefer it due to it being less hippy and more golf. I want the quirkiness, so I think of Bisbee. Geez, last place I lived in was SOHO, NY turned into hell. All trust fund kids under 28 wearing 1k prada outfits. Sad.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,510,449 times
Hey all of you all that are interested in Bisbee, Arizona! Check out this link. They do a drone-over of the small SE Arizona town - it's right on the front of their 'Discover Bisbee' page. Worth a look.

Discover Bisbee Arizona

Old 07-21-2017, 03:29 AM

1,047 posts, read 727,795 times
Wink sierra vista vs bisbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

I actually want no people and hope we can get a place with a few acres
It is ultimately up to him and he leans toward Vegas but I hope the dullness of Vegas will make him see Bisbee in new light. I hearsd Sierra Vista is where you go to work but that there is no cool character like Bisbee? What do yall think?

Old 07-21-2017, 08:33 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,372,010 times
Sierra Vista is a neat little city. Livable and full sets of service. Even better if someone is retired military as the Fort provides full military amenities.

iF you go out into the area between Bisbee and Sierra Vista you can find reasonably priced acreage.

If you end up with Vegas you can try Pahrump which is about 45 miles out. Small city that refuses to become a municipality. Pretty libertarian but lots of multiple acre places. Commutable to Las Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona