Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 01:09 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
This one always makes me just go hmmm. I saw a meme a while back that pretty much hits it. Unless you believe exactly like a liberal, you are intolerant. I thought tolerance meant allowing others to believe what they want to believe.
Liberals do not care what you believe or do. They just do not think you have the right to impose your beliefs on someone else. If you are opposed to pot, that is fine but why do you have to prevents others from enjoying it and imposing your beliefs on them? No one is forcing you to smoke it.

Conservatives essentially claim they are being discriminated against for not being allowed to discriminate against others. It would be like a Nazi claiming he was discriminated against because he wasn't allowed to ostracize Jews. Conservatives came up with a way to assume the victim role for depriving others of their rights ie "I'm no longer allowed to not sell a wedding cake to a gay person so my rights are being taken away from me."

But yes, I think liberals can discriminate as well. I don't agree with liberals trying to impose a tax on soda in California. Essentially they are discriminating against those who wish to drink soda. Liberals are trying to impose their sense of values on the public by demonizing sugar.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 11-04-2016 at 01:31 AM..

Old 11-04-2016, 02:51 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
I really wanted this to be over, I am so done pointing out what an assclown Donald Trump is. But now with the obviously orchestrated move by the FBI Director with an agenda I wish we had another week or so for all that to simmer down. 2 weeks ago I wasn't worried, Trump was going to lose. But things have changed thanks to Comey and I am worried.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:52 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Liberals do not care what you believe or do. They just do not think you have the right to impose your beliefs on someone else. If you are opposed to pot, that is fine but why do you have to prevents others from enjoying it and imposing your beliefs on them? No one is forcing you to smoke it.

Conservatives essentially claim they are being discriminated against for not being allowed to discriminate against others. It would be like a Nazi claiming he was discriminated against because he wasn't allowed to ostracize Jews. Conservatives came up with a way to assume the victim role for depriving others of their rights ie "I'm no longer allowed to not sell a wedding cake to a gay person so my rights are being taken away from me."

But yes, I think liberals can discriminate as well. I don't agree with liberals trying to impose a tax on soda in California. Essentially they are discriminating against those who wish to drink soda. Liberals are trying to impose their sense of values on the public by demonizing sugar.
Very well said. Agree on all points.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:58 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,034,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
0% chance because all of the clinton scandals have come home to roost
One would think, but the empty heads have already forgotten about her scandals.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:27 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,970,898 times
Quote:
She is not a criminal. That is your opinion. There are no FACTS to prove she is a criminal. However, Trump has ridiculed a handicapped person. He insulted parents of a slain soldier. He accused a Federal judge of failing to do his job because of his race. He has been implicated in multiple lawsuits for failure to pay for contracted work. He has been accused of cheating on two previous wives. Those are facts.
She's not a criminal? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Best thing I've read all day.

She's funneled money from the Clinton Foundation. Guilty. She's deleted CLASSIFIED emails. Guilty. She used a unsecure, personal server for classified emails. Guilty. She's shared CLASSIFIED info with people not qualified to read such emails. Guilty. Lying under oath about said emails (read: OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE). Guilty. She has smashed cellphones and lost several (why would that be, hmmm?). Guilty. Leaked emails show DNC primaries were rigged. Guilty.

Trump said mean things. ohhhhh what a shame.

How easily you forget Hillary called many Americans "deplorables". She called Bernie supporters "basement dwellers". She and her team called Hispanic voters "taco bowls". She called black men "super predators". She called racist Margaret Sanger a "inspiration". She is best buds with the KKK Grand Wizard, whom she also calls a "inspiration". She has flip-flopped on SO MANY policies (gay marriage, the Iraq War, etc) to get a vote that its pathetic. She is under FBI investigation. Again. She hired on Wasserman after she resigned due to corruption. She is aligned with Huma Abedin, whos parents are ISIS supporters. She has taken hundreds of millions of dollars from gay-hating, women-hating, Middle Eastern countries. Hillary is married to a impeached rapist, who lied under oath to the American public. Her, Obama, Michelle, Bill, etc, have ALL lost their licenses to practice law. She blamed her incompetence about Benghazi on a YouTube video (stupid beotch) and said "what difference does it make?". She high-fived her team in front of the slain Benghazi victims' families. She is sick and dying and covering it up. She blamed her fainting spell on "heat" in NYC on 9/11 (it was 74 degrees). Her best friend Huma's husband (Anthony Weiner) is a child molesting perv boy who likes to sext photos to teenagers). She has gotten GUILTY rape victims out of jail and was caught on tape literally laughing about it, despite how she knew he was GUILTY. She stole umpteen thousands of dollars worth of furniture from the White House. Shall I go on?

Old 11-04-2016, 12:14 PM

394 posts, read 343,321 times
^^^ don't interject truth and logic - you will only upset the agenda of some, confuse others (that insist on wearing blinders), and preaching to the choir of remainder.

I'm no Trump fan, I think he's a buffoon and it's a damn shame he was the nominee... But the obvious awfulness of Clinton simply can't be ignored. We can't have a society where some are more equal than others. She is not above the law and finally more people are realizing what a crook she really is.

Only people with an agenda and no concern for truth, justice and fairness (or simply ignorant of facts) are supporting Clinton.

It's one thing to not support Trump (and I honestly understand the difficulty in bringing yourself to support him) - but that doesn't automatically mean support should go to Clinton. This is literally the most significant "worse of two evils" we've ever had (anyone living anyway). Clinton is far and away the worse of these two evils (her actions have shown that). It's not opinion based - its fact. They are both horrid - but Hillary is the worst thing that could happen to this country. Plain and simple.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:20 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,095,889 times
Quote:
For the record, I support the legalization of marijuana. Many of my peers, some of them on this board, do as well. I believe that as a free citizen, if my action is not hurting another, the .gov has no right to impose a law against it.

Quote:
The part I put in bold is a sticking point with me. I believe that as a free citizen, if my action is not hurting another, the .gov has no right to impose a law against it. And before you say I am hurting (or discriminating against) someone, said person, in a free society, is more than free to chose another business that will provide said services. Instead, the progressive agenda has them crying victim much much louder.

You need to start thinking for yourself instead of being entrenched in (and indoctrinated by) this 'us vs them' mentality. Some would call me a conservative, but only because some freedom loving individuals share some of the conservative values. If you really take a long hard look and listen for yourself, the new 'liberal/democrat', i.e. progressive really wants to impose much much more of their will upon freedom loving individuals than some of those who you would call conservative.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:59 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
For the record, I support the legalization of marijuana. Many of my peers, some of them on this board, do as well. I believe that as a free citizen, if my action is not hurting another, the .gov has no right to impose a law against it.

The part I put in bold is a sticking point with me. I believe that as a free citizen, if my action is not hurting another, the .gov has no right to impose a law against it. And before you say I am hurting (or discriminating against) someone, said person, in a free society, is more than free to chose another business that will provide said services. Instead, the progressive agenda has them crying victim much much louder.

You need to start thinking for yourself instead of being entrenched in (and indoctrinated by) this 'us vs them' mentality. Some would call me a conservative, but only because some freedom loving individuals share some of the conservative values. If you really take a long hard look and listen for yourself, the new 'liberal/democrat', i.e. progressive really wants to impose much much more of their will upon freedom loving individuals than some of those who you would call conservative.
Question: I presume you're a Christian, so if I were a police officer or firefighter, as an atheist may I have the liberty to deny helping you because I find your beliefs repulsive, vile and against everything I believe in? While your place is being robbed or burning down, I can say I was taking a stand for religious liberty and it was my right NOT to help you.

Last edited by dvxhd; 11-04-2016 at 02:59 PM..

Old 11-04-2016, 02:59 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,229,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
Question: I presume you're a Christian, so if I were a police officer or firefighter, as an atheist may I have the liberty to deny helping you because I find your beliefs repulsive, vile and against everything I believe in? While your place is being robbed or burning down, I can say I was taking a stand for religious liberty and it was my right NOTto help you.
Typical of the left, throw out some analogy that is in no way relevant.

A police officer or firefighter are public servants paid for by taxpayers. They must perform their duties regardless of their feelings about anything.

A private business owner should be allowed to run his/her business however they see fit. If you don't like it, don't support them. If enough people quit supporting that business they will change their policy or go out of business.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:10 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Typical of the left, throw out some analogy that is in no way relevant.

A police officer or firefighter are public servants paid for by taxpayers. They must perform their duties regardless of their feelings about anything.

A private business owner should be allowed to run his/her business however they see fit. If you don't like it, don't support them. If enough people quit supporting that business they will change their policy or go out of business.
What if you're within a Rural/Metro service area?

What about private utilities? Should they be allowed to pick and choose who they service water/electricity to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona