Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 08:26 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,190,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
I don't think Clinton will win Arizona because it's too redneck for that to happen. Oh wait, the preferred euphemism is "libertarian" (which Arizona is not). Even if it went blue, it's doubtful that would be a lasting thing. If it goes blue, it won't help Arizona from a marketing standpoint, because local politicians still won't do anything to make this place livable for people who have real ambition and goals.
what are you even talking about? You make no sense at all: too redneck, not livable for people with ambition and goals? Boy you have a strange idea on what is reality and what seems like your make believe world.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:42 AM

9,185 posts, read 16,722,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
On the topic of pointless responses... are we about done with these meaningless few words you can manage to hammer out with you under the impression you're being deep and profound, or should we expect more of the same 3rd grade-level English class retorts from you ad nauseum? Many people like to engage in these debates, yet you manage to drag things down in your trivial pursuit to have others acknowledge you and take you seriously (and I'd invest in communications classes if I were you, if I were to want that as an end goal). Is there not a forum you can find that talks about the exploits of the Cat in the Hat or Dick and Jane? You know, something more along your level?
I can't rep you any more but this is brilliant! Healthy debate is what this is about. It gets lost on some who want to inject meaningless rhetoric without discussing anything of substance.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:57 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,190,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I can't rep you any more but this is brilliant! Healthy debate is what this is about. It gets lost on some who want to inject meaningless rhetoric without discussing anything of substance.
and as far as I am concerned he is dv isn't debating in a healthy or intelligent way. guess I am missing something here.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:27 AM

975 posts, read 1,411,857 times
I made 2 posts on this thread and didn't answer the original topic.

While I think Hillary will win the Presidency, she won't do it by winning Arizona.

Arizona loves politicians like Trump.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:49 AM

9,185 posts, read 16,722,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
I made 2 posts on this thread and didn't answer the original topic.

While I think Hillary will win the Presidency, she won't do it by winning Arizona.

Arizona loves politicians like Trump.
Completely agree with this prediction. While we're placing bets, I think Penzone will pull it off too.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,118,185 times
Quote:
Completely agree with this prediction. While we're placing bets, I think Penzone will pull it off too.
Let's hope <bold> it's passed time for Joe to sail off into retirement.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:16 PM

99 posts, read 128,031 times
Nope. If the election happened in mid-October, probably. But the race has tightened so much that she had to start defending Colorado and Nevada.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:37 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,276,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
So you want to go back to the pre-Obama years in which Bush started a war and destabilized the Middle East and created a recession? That's what you would prefer? You want to go back to that instead of what we have now? Obama has his faults but he was by far a better president than Bush and spent most of his tenure fixing Bush's mistakes. I remember conservatives foolishly asked that the banks and automotive industry be allowed to fail out of principle. Can you imagine the fall out had Obama listened to them. Obama essentially prevented a second Great Depression by rescuing the banks and auto industry.
Bush started a war??? Maybe you missed the headlines on 911 when Al Qaeda started the war? Bush was in office for only 8 months when 911 happened. I think it is safe to say that the motivation and groundwork for 911 happened long before Bush was sworn into office. There were some mistakes made of course, however, Bush didn't start a war. Bush had stabilized most of the middle east mess by the time he left office. Obama and Clinton are to blame for the middle east mess we have today where Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria are basically one terrorist stronghold. They have also given us a mess with Russia, China and Iran to deal with while we deal with the mess they created in the middle east. We can travel to Cuba now, I guess you can hang your hat on that as their foreign policy achievement.

Lord help us had Obama/H. Clinton been in office when we were attacked on 911. Not to mention, Hillary did vote to authorize the war...but don't let facts get in the way.

Do you also say FDR "started a war" in 1941 when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor?

Some of the stuff you say is just mind boggling.

Last edited by LBTRS; 11-05-2016 at 03:49 PM..

Old 11-05-2016, 03:55 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what are you even talking about? You make no sense at all: too redneck, not livable for people with ambition and goals? Boy you have a strange idea on what is reality and what seems like your make believe world.
Of these new "religious liberty" laws, Arizona was the first in the country to draft one, though it was vetoed because Brewer didn't want the negative attention on the state, and only for that reason. Regardless, the intent was there. Arizona also has some of the most invasive, socially conservative laws on the books, including legalized discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity; among the strictest abortion laws in the country; passed the nationally known "Gestapo law" SB 1070, which made many foreign-born citizens feel unwelcome in the state and has also prompted foreign governments to warn their citizens before traveling here; and criminalized physician-assisted suicide/right to die, among others.

Likewise, Arizona does not attract educated professionals in large numbers; does not retain in large numbers educated professionals who either relocate here or developed education here (Arizona has a much lower college degree attainment rate than the national average); for the most part attracts low-skilled, uneducated, conservative people; the state has a large population who are, bluntly put, so simple that the only things in life that seem to really matter to them are abundant sunshine and amassing an arsenal; a lagging arts and culture scene even in Phoenix; and so on.

That's a brief rundown of the redneck element. For the ambition and goals: three out of five of the state's largest employers are grocers/retailers; it's no secret that Phoenix is very far behind the nation in white-collar development; while Arizona ranks 14th in population, it's 21st in GDP, which reflects the amount of capital it's generating and the quality of the local economy (California is 1st and 1st, respectively; Texas is 2nd and 2nd, respectively; New York is 4th and 3rd respectively; etc.); general lack of competing jobs; general surplus of low-paying jobs; etc. If someone, like me, wants to improve his/her career, this isn't a good state for that. It works nicely as a stepping stone, which it turned out being for me, but if one expects more out of life besides aforementioned sun 'n' guns, I would advise they keep looking.

Quote:
Thank you.

Those lackluster responses to every poster gets annoying when people are trying to have a discussion. It's almost like a spoiled child popping up with something he thinks is so important while adults are speaking, but they try to carry on and ignore him, while he tries to interject with something so mundane and derailing.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:41 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,363,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
There are many more negatives than there are positives to Arizona becoming a blue state. Let's hope that doesn't happen any time soon.
What are the negatives of Arizona becoming a blue state? We will never be California. If anything, it will make us moderate which is ideal. Right now, we are to the far right which is negative. We don't want to attract the wrong type of people (uneducated, socially conservative who don't contribute anything to our economy) to Arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona