Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 09:41 PM

848 posts, read 967,940 times

Advertisements

I just don't see any impact on my check worth mentioning from AZ (4.2% bracket). The feds take out 4.7 times as much for me. I'm definitely feeling that a lot more than the chump change AZ takes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 10:09 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
We simply have to agree to disagree. If education was privatized, there wouldn't be any boundaries because parents would have the option of sending their kids to whatever school they choose, whether it's in their neighborhood or another part of town. It wouldn't just benefit the wealthy people ... although parents would be made to fork out the money for tuition and books out of their own pocket instead of sponging off the taxpayers, which is the way it should be. Having children isn't a Constitutional right, and shouldn't be a free ride.
No, if schools were privatized, you will now run into the same issue with what the free market does to healthcare. Whoever can pay for it will get educated, if you can't pay for it too bad suck it up and work at McDonald's right? Education is a right of all regardless of income.

Then on top of that lower taxes for the rich right? Make the income gap even worse.

The purpose of taxation and government besides making laws is to provide ladders of opportunity to all to be able to achieve the American dream, not to allow the free market to dictate this ladder....

Old 02-13-2017, 09:38 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,819,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
No, if schools were privatized, you will now run into the same issue with what the free market does to healthcare. Whoever can pay for it will get educated, if you can't pay for it too bad suck it up and work at McDonald's right? Education is a right of all regardless of income.

Then on top of that lower taxes for the rich right? Make the income gap even worse.

The purpose of taxation and government besides making laws is to provide ladders of opportunity to all to be able to achieve the American dream, not to allow the free market to dictate this ladder....
Thank you.

Arizona needs to work on improving income equality, and making sure the poor stay poorer by not affording education is a great way to do the opposite about that. Income tax also helps with this too.

What if I told everyone here, that people will likely go where the wages are high for their COL? Which means a higher income equality as the boss man won't be able to pay themselves as much?

Maybe that's why I don't see a lot of potential high-income people wanting to relocate here, they can see the income inequality looking at any internet job board for our state.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:01 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,078,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
If you look on the front page of the Arizona forum, you would see that this topic was already being discussed.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...will-ever.html
I felt the need to point out, you linked this thread. OBSERVER..

Old 02-15-2017, 09:41 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
I felt the need to point out, you linked this thread. OBSERVER..
Another thread was merged into this one. See post 38.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:47 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,078,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
If you look on the front page of the Arizona forum, you would see that this topic was already being discussed.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...will-ever.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Another thread was merged into this one. See post 38.
ahh thank you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
Is it realistic that the income tax will ever be abolished in Arizona? I don't understand why they have it, the State would become much more attractive if they took it down to 0, like Nevada and Texas.
Texas has other taxes that are higher, and as for comparing to Nevada, the immediate difference of why that won't work here is we have (a large portion of) snowbirds not tourists??

Old 02-17-2017, 11:21 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,698,705 times
I have what might sound like a dumb question but it makes sense to me.

Why would any government entity want to give up something it passed in the way of income?

Old 02-18-2017, 01:41 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
I have what might sound like a dumb question but it makes sense to me.

Why would any government entity want to give up something it passed in the way of income?
I have what might sound like a dumb answer in the form of another question to your "dumb question", but it makes sense to me. Why would the average working person want to give their hard earned money to bloated government agencies that will turn around and waste/squander it on frivolous things? I would rather keep my money and do with it what I see fit for ME, not somebody else who I couldn't care less about.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:53 AM

22 posts, read 20,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
Where would their income coming from if no income tax ? The money to run the State has to come from somewhere. Sales tax will never be enough.
That's ridiculous. There are 7 states with ZERO income tax, and they do just fine. I was born and raised in AZ, and have lived in Florida for the last 20 years. I am *almost* ready to retire, and want(ed) to come back to AZ, but the housing, and property tax is DOUBLE what I pay here. We don't have property tax on our cars, or the cash cow emissions test, and a low 6.5% sales tax where I live. We also have a homestead exemption on our homes, for 50% of the value, so that keeps property tax lower.

I will spend MORE to live in AZ than I do here. And the areas I am looking at will be VERY expensive, to fit the DEMOGRAPHIC I want to retire in. But, I am willing to pay more for that single reason.

Last edited by Clips222; 04-02-2017 at 12:07 PM..

Old 04-02-2017, 11:57 AM

22 posts, read 20,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
As long as the state government keeps enacting crazy-right wing policies which appears undesirable to many in the country, the cost of living will continue to stay low. Once you start thinking outside the box and start innovating, that's when you become California and need to start regulating to protect your own citizens who are already here from being kicked out by affluent newcomers. So in that regards, then state-income tax could be removed eventually if it gets that bad.

2-sides of the coin here. But Arizona doesn't believe in regulation.. so
Can you name me ONE 'left wing' run city/state that IS prospering, where *MIDDLE CLASS* isn't paying through the nose?

I'll await your reply...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona