Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times

Advertisements

"Obamacare isn't even in full swing, and at every turn, the program is crumbling... there's an emerging truth that the scheme is simply unworkable.
RealClearMarkets - The Emerging Obamacare Truth Is Disarray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 07:30 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
What do you mean by "get rid of" ?

Old 09-19-2012, 07:31 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
"Obamacare isn't even in full swing, and at every turn, the program is crumbling... there's an emerging truth that the scheme is simply unworkable.
I think there should be a rule, if you are going to start a debate/argument and use a link, can you please make sure it doesn't come from a partisan website. It won't go anywhere and quickly dissolve into name calling and both sides calling each other's party idiots.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I completely agree, Obama must go. I'll be one of the six million paying the health care tax as I don't have the income to purchase health care - or to pay the tax, although I understand the House passed a bill that would help the wealthy pay extra. Wake me when the cash shows up. Maybe I can find a rich superstar momma in Hollywood to include me on her benefits....

On the other hand, if re-elected, I'm going to get food stamps so I can keep stocked up on keggers while watching the whole things come crashing down. Maybe scoop up on some really good real estate deals.

< Insert fat boy burping smiley here >

Old 09-19-2012, 07:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I think there should be a rule, if you are going to start a debate/argument and use a link, can you please make sure it doesn't come from a partisan website. It won't go anywhere and quickly dissolve into name calling and both sides calling each other's party idiots.
Liberal websites will never, ever tell you the truth. It's really up to you to sort it out.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Who is WE?

Old 09-19-2012, 07:45 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,463,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I completely agree, Obama must go. I'll be one of the six million paying the health care tax as I don't have the income to purchase health care - or to pay the tax, although I understand the House passed a bill that would help the wealthy pay extra. Wake me when the cash shows up. Maybe I can find a rich superstar momma in Hollywood to include me on her benefits....

On the other hand, if re-elected, I'm going to get food stamps so I can keep stocked up on keggers while watching the whole things come crashing down. Maybe scoop up on some really good real estate deals.

< Insert fat boy burping smiley here >
If you can't afford health insurance, you should be eligible for a lower cost plan. By the way, what was your back up plan in case you became gravely ill or injured? Bury yourself under medical debt? Die?

Old 09-19-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Liberal websites will never, ever tell you the truth. It's really up to you to sort it out.
Well, to be fair and balanced... it is the truth as will be discovered in revisionist history.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:48 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I really want to know, when you say that, do you truly believe conservative websites speak the truth and nothing but the truth?

Old 09-19-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeconomist View Post
If you can't afford health insurance, you should be eligible for a lower cost plan. By the way, what was your back up plan in case you became gravely ill or injured? Bury yourself under medical debt? Die?
Out of the last 40 years work history I've had insurance roughly 40 per cent of the time. Late 90's and early 2k's I did have full tilt corporation insurance, made the mistake of going to the doctor and wound up on meds for blood pressure and cholesterol. With no insurance, I now pay lab fees, doc, and meds out of pocket. Something less than $500 a year. Thank you WalMart. And a tetanus shot.

? Emergency ? Either the clinic in Debtors Prison, or, I have a tatoo in a slight arc over my left nip...

'Do Not Resuscitate'

If the Dudebate is re-elected I'll add below... 'S'crew U, BO'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies