Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 10:45 PM

4 posts, read 3,895 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are considering moving to Bisbee. In hopes of surrounding our son with other LGBT families. Anyway, the school that I would love to send him to is in Mesa. I also take belly dance in which is in Tucson and signing my kid up in hip hop wouldn't be there either. Would there be any other heavily LGBT family cities near any of the places? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 AM

4,059 posts, read 5,198,587 times
So...in the few posts you have on City Data...you seem pretty hung up on the fact that you are a same sex couple. The news flash for looking at AZ? No one cares. You can live anywhere you want. Why would you move your pre-school aged son to the middle of nowhere and subject him to a horrible school district? And then be driving to Tucson and Mesa? Mesa is 3.5 hours away. Tucson is 1.5 hours away. If you want your son to attend school in Mesa, I would recommend looking in the Phoenix area, maybe around the Melrose district. That would still be a drive but from what I understand that area tends to have more LGBT folks around there. I don't know if they have Section 8 around there but, as it is going through gentrification, there may be.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:43 AM

8,081 posts, read 7,003,200 times
Not in Bisbee...

Tucson sure. Especially near West University.

Phoenix definitely in the Central City.

But as KurtAZ pointed out, nobody really cares. But if I understand what you want, it's probably to be around other like-people. If so, then what I said above should apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona