Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 08:56 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,951,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
One of our most successful governors was a Democrat as well (Babbitt).
and one of our most unsuccessful governors napolitano was a Democrat as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 09:57 AM

449 posts, read 324,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
I agree with your assessments of views/styles whatever of the names listed above. As you can imagine I would rather have the middle of the road.

In the real world - if it IS Ward/Sinema on the 2018 ballot here - Sinema MAY WELL WIN! Remember we elected Napolitano also - so it isn't like in statewide races the left cannot show victories.
We just have some different political philosophies from the Republican side. I'd like to be able to register as a conservative instead of Republican but it is not available in many states. I believe New York state has this party affiliation in their voting.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Sen. John McCain gave new insight into his grim struggle with an aggressive form of brain cancer in an interview that aired Sunday on CBS's 60 Minutes
"Some say 3 percent, some say 14 percent. You know, it's a very poor prognosis," he continued. "So I just said, 'I understand. Now we're gonna do what we can, get the best doctors we can find and do the best we can.'
The brain cancer he has is incurable and has a 90%+ death rate is less than 2 years from diagnosis, so someone should be warming up in the bullpen to replace him.
I nominate Sheriff Joe

Old 10-25-2017, 04:33 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,646,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
The brain cancer he has is incurable and has a 90%+ death rate is less than 2 years from diagnosis, so someone should be warming up in the bullpen to replace him.
I nominate Sheriff Joe
Arpaio is no longer popular here, and he is freaking older than McCain, Joe would be 86 in 2019 ffs

Old 10-25-2017, 04:39 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,570,174 times
I think that Martha McSally is probably the leading contender for either appointment or election. I am not in Arizona, but my understanding is that she is very well regarded among political insiders in Arizona and in Washington, DC. She is a woman in the McCain mold, something the RNC and NRSC find very attractive. I think voters will too.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:01 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,347,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I think that Martha McSally is probably the leading contender for either appointment or election. I am not in Arizona, but my understanding is that she is very well regarded among political insiders in Arizona and in Washington, DC. She is a woman in the McCain mold, something the RNC and NRSC find very attractive. I think voters will too.
The problem is the same that is facing many across the country - in a general McSally and others are very attractive.

HOWEVER, in the primary they get bashed by the extreme right - and they are the ones who are voting in those primaries. The Kelli Ward faction in AZ and Judge Moore in Alabama etc.

SO, as a result for those of us in the middle right side of the world - we get a choice between super crazy right wing - or democrat. And the dems are getting smart enough to put center left people out there that are more palatable to those like me - than the hard right candidates. SO, although I would rather have a reasonable Republican (like McCain or Flake) represent me - many will end up going with the democrat.

Until such a time where the far right gives up on the "all principles - all or nothing" approach. Which still has some room to run I am afraid.

Once the dems take too much control - then MAYBE we will balance it back to the traditional norm.

Old 10-26-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Arpaio is no longer popular here, and he is freaking older than McCain, Joe would be 86 in 2019 ffs
I disagree that he is unpopular, obama hussein had to use the presidency and the entire federal bureaucracy to keep Sheriff Joe from being reelected. I will take however many years Sheriff Joe has left to gladly call him Senator Sheriff Joe.

Old 10-26-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I disagree that he is unpopular, obama hussein had to use the presidency and the entire federal bureaucracy to keep Sheriff Joe from being reelected. I will take however many years Sheriff Joe has left to gladly call him Senator Sheriff Joe.
What are you talking about? Obama had NOTHING to do with our Sheriff's election. In case you didn't look at polls the last couple times Dur Fuhrer got re-elected, his percentage was slipping each election after 2000, and he barely clinched the 2012 election, so his loss last year was inevitable.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What are you talking about? Obama had NOTHING to do with our Sheriff's election. In case you didn't look at polls the last couple times Dur Fuhrer got re-elected, his percentage was slipping each election after 2000, and he barely clinched the 2012 election, so his loss last year was inevitable.
Obama hussein hated Sheriff Joe and sicked his lap dog eric holder to go after him because Sheriff Joe proved that Obama hussein presented a fake birth certificate.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Obama hussein hated Sheriff Joe and sicked his lap dog eric holder to go after him because Sheriff Joe proved that Obama hussein presented a fake birth certificate.
Joe did NOT prove anything, and his whole investigation was a waste of Taxpayer money. And the voters remembered that in November! Holder had nothing to do with the election. Where do you come up with these falsehoods?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona