Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2008, 03:00 PM

8 posts, read 46,795 times

Advertisements

I am considering buying land in the SE (Pearce, Willcox) and wonder what the buzz is on economic development in the area. Benson's got a Wal-Mart; but what else is coming? Or, is anything else coming? Is this a good time to buy? Also, how are the summers around there? Any water around? I mean, lakes, rivers - that kind of thing? I appreciate the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 05:43 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Well, Benson was preparing for a lot of growth before the housing market collapsed. Permits had been issued for something like 20,000 homes (most of them in Whetstone). Much of that is one hold - or even cancelled - now. I heard that the largest builder - who was to account for 12,000 of those homes has pulled out. Not quite sure of the status of the remaining homes. Likewise I heard that both Home Depot and (I think) Walgreens were looking into acquiring property in Benson. Again, I suspect that's been put on hold for now (just a guess).

When we passed through Sunsites (Pearce) last January they were in the process of putting up some new homes, but as in Benson I suspect a lot of that has slowed wayyyyyyy down right now.

Not sure when the pace will pick up again - could be a few years.

Ken

Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,309 times
Hello,

My name is Murray. I'm the Director of the Pearce Sunsites Chamber of Commerce. We would love for you to visit our website. From there you can download color brochures, maps and other local info on our area. My phone number is also listed there if you have any questions that possibly I could help out with...
[URL="http://www.pearcesunsiteschamber.org"]www.pearcesunsiteschamber.org[/URL] With 78 million Baby Boomers retiring, now is the time to move to Sunsites.. We have the Best Weather in the US, natural beauty, nationally recognized birding and a whole bunch of other good stuff..

Murray

Last edited by Murray777; 04-09-2009 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Corrections

Old 04-09-2009, 05:09 PM

2 posts, read 5,939 times
The weather in Pearce is wonderful since we're at 4300 ft elevation. The best thing about living here is the people! Greatest group of folks I've ever met.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:54 PM

168 posts, read 502,548 times
Any pics of the Sunsites area would be appreciated. Neighborhoods, desert-gardens, anything that is not on the web . I think I have seen every pic of Sunsites/Pearce you can find on the web.
I own some property in that area, but have never been there. I have been to Tombstone area and loved it, but did not have time to see the other side of the Dragoons. So any info someone can put out there for me to feed on until can make it down there in July would wonderful.

PS HAs anyone living there seen any saguaro's growing in the area?(yard/landscapes?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona