Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you votr for Sheriff Joe for Senate
yes 33 28.70%
no 82 71.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 06:06 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,068,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I don’t recall other prominent Arizona Republicans denouncing Arpaio’s tactics when he was at the peak of his power.
in what year(s) do you think he was at the "peak of his power"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 06:19 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
in what year(s) do you think he was at the "peak of his power"?
Not directed at me, but his height IMO was leading up to the SB1070 debacle that still haunts this state.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:39 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,948,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Yes, he lacks understanding of basic constitutional rights. Trump's repeated references to
"taking a hard look at the libel laws" is in the same vein. Just because you don't like what people say about you, as a public figure, doesn't make it libel. Or treason.
Politicians and the media should not be allowed to utter Hitler like propaganda with impunity or we will soon be in the 4th Reich. Go look at the Potus Trump fake news awards these news people have been speaking lying propaganda to the American people.
How do you think the German people came to believe Hitler's lies? They were fed propaganda by the corrupted media and politicians long enough to get them believe lies.

https://www.gop.com/the-highly-antic...e-news-awards/

Last edited by autism360; 01-20-2018 at 02:48 PM..

Old 01-20-2018, 03:27 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,108,435 times
It faciating how many bigots there

Just the ideal people would even consider voting for a guy who was outed over a discrimination case, and would be in jail if it wasn't for the president pardoning him who also has a record of racism himself.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:34 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,108,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Politicians and the media should not be allowed to utter Hitler like propaganda with impunity or we will soon be in the 4th Reich. Go look at the Potus Trump fake news awards these news people have been speaking lying propaganda to the American people.
How do you think the German people came to believe Hitler's lies? They were fed propaganda by the corrupted media and politicians long enough to get them believe lies.

https://www.gop.com/the-highly-antic...e-news-awards/
The levels of irony in this post, trump is the one in power, he is the one lying and attacking the free press.

Hitler's message was fear mongering hate speech about minorities.

Then trying to discredit the free press.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:45 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,818,958 times
Don’t believe conservatives are itching to line up behind Arpaio.
Joe Arpaio's Senate Run: A Bad Choice for Arizona & Republicans | National Review

I think Trump pardoned him just to poke Democrats in the eye.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:28 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,652,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Don’t believe conservatives are itching to line up behind Arpaio.
Joe Arpaio's Senate Run: A Bad Choice for Arizona & Republicans | National Review

I think Trump pardoned him just to poke Democrats in the eye.
Exactly. It’s only the extremist sheep that still support this clown.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:35 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,639,561 times
So who is the extremist clown running on the left? Deedra Abbound?

I can tell you she's a joke of a candidate more so than the 'extremist' on the right. Look DetroitN8V, you're a Democrat, there's no reason to hide or deny it whether you say you're moderate.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:50 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,652,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post

I can tell you she's a joke of a candidate more so than the 'extremist' on the right. Look DetroitN8V, you're a Democrat, there's no reason to hide or deny it whether you say you're moderate.
I know nothing about her, but I have to point out the fact that the only reason to post a picture of her is to identify her as a Muslim, which is wholly irrelevant. That says more about you, rather than her.

Since you want to get personal, I tend to see both sides on many issues, but the independent in me could never get behind a guy that detained innocent people, and the fiscal conservative in me could never support someone who flushed millions of our hard earned dollars down the crapper only to play to his sheeple base.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:51 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post

What about her makes her “extreme” and a “joke”? She’s a former Southern Baptist from Arkansas who went to law school here and struck out after practicing for a few years. Her whole bio really focuses on her involvement in the Phoenix Islamic community. Is that what you’re referring to and why you posted the picture?

I am actually curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona