Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you votr for Sheriff Joe for Senate
yes 33 28.70%
no 82 71.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 12:36 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,957,732 times

Advertisements

Joe Arpaio running for Senate in Arizona

Honorable Sheriff Joe Arpaio is running for Senate in Arizona and without obama using his dirty illegal tactics and government resources to stop Sheriff Joe he will win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 01:04 PM

656 posts, read 818,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Joe Arpaio running for Senate in Arizona

Honorable Sheriff Joe Arpaio is running for Senate in Arizona and without obama using his dirty illegal tactics and government resources to stop Sheriff Joe he will win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And he will be working in a swampy town surrounded by blacks.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:08 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,356,852 times
Well Autism - I am not going to get into it with your over the top support as you have expressed many times.

BUT, from a realistic political view - all this does is make it easier for the more moderate - or even the Democrat Sinema to win.

The Republican primary election field will now consist of two VERY right candidates (Arpaio and Ward) - that vote will be split between the two unless one of them drops out at some point - and then McSally will get the moderate Republican vote and probably be the candidate.

A McSally vs Sinema vote statewide will be VERY hard to call right now.

But in any case - it won't be the far right version - and likely never was. Actually I am OK with this scenario because with only the single Ward running alone, she would have had an actual shot at the nomination, the race in the general for sure would have gone democrat. I would prefer a moderate Republican over a moderate democrat - but this race in the end will go to a moderate. It's just the demographics of the state now. Some of you on the far right really believe EVERYONE here feels the same way you do - and that is just not the case any longer.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:08 PM

3,411 posts, read 4,671,272 times
Between Martha McSally and Sinema, McSally gets my vote for obvious reasons.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:16 PM

8,311 posts, read 8,721,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Between Martha McSally and Sinema, McSally gets my vote for obvious reasons.
What are the obvious reasons?

Old 01-09-2018, 04:26 PM

3,411 posts, read 4,671,272 times
- Pro-life
- US Air Force veteran
- Support for repealing Obamacare and replacing it

She maybe a light weight in the GOP but definitely better than the minority party in office. Joe Arpaio needs to hang his hat and retire.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
Well Autism - I am not going to get into it with your over the top support as you have expressed many times.

BUT, from a realistic political view - all this does is make it easier for the more moderate - or even the Democrat Sinema to win.

The Republican primary election field will now consist of two VERY right candidates (Arpaio and Ward) - that vote will be split between the two unless one of them drops out at some point - and then McSally will get the moderate Republican vote and probably be the candidate.

A McSally vs Sinema vote statewide will be VERY hard to call right now.

But in any case - it won't be the far right version - and likely never was. Actually I am OK with this scenario because with only the single Ward running alone, she would have had an actual shot at the nomination, the race in the general for sure would have gone democrat. I would prefer a moderate Republican over a moderate democrat - but this race in the end will go to a moderate. It's just the demographics of the state now. Some of you on the far right really believe EVERYONE here feels the same way you do - and that is just not the case any longer.
You fail to realize that we are talking about 2 senate seats since mccain has a type of brain cancer that usually kills in less than 15 months and he was diagnosed 8 months ago. Even if he lives a bit longer he will be unable to
stay on as senator. I guess Ducey could appoint Sheriff Joe to serve the remainder of mccain's term. That would make some people heads explode.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:52 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,356,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I guess Ducey could appoint Sheriff Joe to serve the remainder of mccain's term. That would make some people heads explode.
Now you are just getting almost delusional if you think Governor Ducey - a strong MODERATE - would ever take the political heat of appointing either Ward or Arpaio.

Face it - the state as a whole is CENTER right - Not FAR right.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Now you are just getting almost delusional if you think Governor Ducey - a strong MODERATE - would ever take the political heat of appointing either Ward or Arpaio.

Face it - the state as a whole is CENTER right - Not FAR right.
I have never seen Gov Ducey say anything negative concerning Sheriff Joe and do not think he is a rino but rather a strong conservative who would appoint a strong conservative unlike flake or mccain.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:48 PM

450 posts, read 326,728 times
Quote:
I certainly don't want another RINO in AZ to replace either McCain or Flake in the Senate. Don't see Arpaio coming close to winning the primary or even getting over 10% of the Republican votes. Don't know much about McSally but hope she is more conservative than either total RINOs McCain or Flake if she wins the primary. Paul Gosar is another conservative AZ House Freedom Caucus member I would support for Senate if he runs for an opening in the Senate after 2018.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona