Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you votr for Sheriff Joe for Senate
yes 33 28.70%
no 82 71.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 11:33 AM

8,053 posts, read 12,342,097 times

Advertisements

Arpaio got my vote for Maricopa County Sheriff every election until 2012. At that point, I had enough of him. He was once a popular, effective Sheriff who gained positive national attention, but after so many years his reputation turned negative. Plus, his age became more of a factor, his statements & tactics became increasingly questionable, and he started to sound more like a bitter old man than anything else.

I highly doubt he'll get the nomination ... but even if he does, I won't be voting for him. Even those who agree wholeheartedly with Arpaio are silly for even considering him for Senate. He's in his mid 80s, way over the hill, and it's high time for him to give up politics & retire quietly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 11:52 AM

50 posts, read 53,386 times
Is there any basis in fact to back up these claims at all? What jobs coming back to the country? What improved foreign relations? This all sonds like Trump campaign slogans. But if one likes Trump, they will likely vote for Joe too as they are birds of a narcissistic feather.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:03 PM

450 posts, read 327,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Thanks is for the laugh! The best punchline was, “improved relations with foreign allies”. Good one!
How about improved relations with Israel as one example. Our relationship that Obama was working with in the Iran deal has gone south which is good news. I certainly was no fan of the community organizer and his foreign policy.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:34 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,960,331 times
Quote:
It took only a few hours after self-described “America’s toughest sheriff” Joe Arpaio announced his bid for the U.S. Senate to move into a statistical tie with the front-runner.
'SHERIFF JOE' ROCKETS UP POLL IN BID FOR SENATE SEAT
Announces candidacy, instantly in statistical tie with top candidate
‘Sheriff Joe’ rockets up poll in bid for Senate seat

It is already looking good for Sheriff Joe.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:30 PM

8,081 posts, read 7,005,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
'SHERIFF JOE' ROCKETS UP POLL IN BID FOR SENATE SEAT
Announces candidacy, instantly in statistical tie with top candidate
‘Sheriff Joe’ rockets up poll in bid for Senate seat

It is already looking good for Sheriff Joe.
He’s two points behind an unannounced candidate.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:46 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,281,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
He’s two points behind an unannounced candidate.
I don't get the poll at all, isn't it a bit early for all that. Considering his spectacular loss to a Democrat (who has had pretty good start) I'd be surprised if he got the nomination at all. Moderates tend to check out at the mid terms so this year will be an interesting one to watch. It isn't completely unlikely that he gets either Flakes seat this year or McCain's seat next year though.

Little off-topic, we may get to see another stupid marijuana legalization attempt this year. The new law doesn't include any special taxes for it and strictly prohibits such practices. The idiots will never learn.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:25 AM

8,313 posts, read 8,739,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgustav View Post
No, he was always a constitutional conservative. There is an interview with Goldwater by William F. Buckley Jr on Firing Line - The Future of Conservativism worth watching that showed the views he had. It was made in 1966, available on youtube.
I am a Goldwater republican. I have no problem with gays in the military and think religion has no place in politics, just like Barry.

The RINOs are the religious right that infested our party when Falwell led them over.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:17 AM

9,185 posts, read 16,721,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I am a Goldwater republican. I have no problem with gays in the military and think religion has no place in politics, just like Barry.

The RINOs are the religious right that infested our party when Falwell led them over.
Best post of the thread.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:25 AM

827 posts, read 668,585 times
Go Sheriff Joe Go, You have my vote.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:45 AM

4,059 posts, read 5,202,315 times
Seriously...Arpaio is what, 86? He would be 87 if he took office? He would be 92 and the end of his first term? I think this is just grandstanding to take the heat off of Ward, who can't win in the General.

To Sheriff Joe: I have supported you for years...right up until the last election. You should have retired gracefully and let someone else run in 2016. You have decades of service to your country and communities. You have worked hard all your life. Just stop! Enjoy your family, go fishing, play with your great grand kids, take a vacation, do something other than trying to get back into the headlines. You had a great run, find a hobby and relax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona