Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 07:27 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,998,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Challenge! (As seen on the Bill Cosby show!)
You are talking morning and evening hours...on some days during monsoon. I am talking about the humidity back east (where I grew up) consistently being higher throughout the day during summers, sort of like our temps are consistently higher.
You didn't say that earlier. You stated it doesn't get as humid here as it does in the Midwest, which is definitely not true. Yes, the humidity is higher on average in the Midwest throughout the summer, but there are plenty of mornings where our humidity is just as high (if not higher), with tropical-level dew points of 70 degrees. People who think it doesn't ever get sticky here are in for major surprises.

To be completely honest, I would qualify PHX's summers as stickier than Chicago's. Why? Because we don't get a break from July til the end of September. Nearly every morning during monsoon season you can expect to walk outside into 80-90 degree heat, coupled with humidity ranging from 40-80%, with dew points from 45 to 70. Yes, the Midwest can get worse than that and averages higher humidity overall, but the Great Lakes region gets nice, long breaks from heat and humidity. Some mornings are even cool enough to wear a sweatshirt in the summer! We don't get that here. You're guaranteed moist to very moist air for virtually 3 straight months. Our only "dry heat" is June, and early October.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 11:06 AM

234 posts, read 500,669 times
I think both Tucson or Phoenix might work well for you guys. I like Colorado and Denver a lot, but it can get pretty darn cold there in the winter, although you do get the sun so not as gloomy for days on end as the Midwest. I personally prefer Tucson to Phoenix. True, it is not as upscale and new in a lot of places like Phoenix and Scottsdale, but you get many of the same albeit fewer amenities (great restaurants, nice drinking establishments, concerts, clubs), friendly people, less traffic, and just as easy access to great hiking, biking, and golf as Phoenix. The city is dominated by the university, but I think that's a positive as there is a definitely a different small town vibe than a major metropolitan area like Phoenix. That being said most people I know that are not from AZ seem to prefer Phoenix, but both cities are close enough that in a 10 day to 2 week trip you can easily visit both and cheap enough that you could even rent for a while on a six month trial run and see if you like it.

You may want to try Vegas as well. I wouldn't want to live there personally but I do know people who love it. Good luck guys!

Old 02-02-2018, 01:19 PM

30 posts, read 28,122 times
Choose Colorado! Avoid Arizona.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:28 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,708,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunding761031 View Post
Choose Colorado! Avoid Arizona.
With such thoughtfulness and insight, who can argue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona