Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 12:11 PM

6 posts, read 4,322 times

Advertisements

My brother recently told me that he and his wife have decided to move to Arizona by the end of this year or start of the next. They've lived in California for about 15 years now, but have been dissatisfied with current direction of California legislation, specifically their stance on the 2nd amendment. They constantly voice their frustration about it to me and claim Arizona will be their safe haven to living a peaceful life, but I feel like they seem to be over exaggerating Arizona's appeal. Are the gun laws really that great in Arizona? I mean anything seems pretty good when compared to California, but are the gun and ammo laws pretty firm in their stance towards the 2nd amendment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 12:42 PM

28 posts, read 23,062 times
I think your brother is completely right in making the choice to leave California. California is run by liberals and it seems like each year California is trying harder to strip us of our 2nd amendment right. Don't think it will change it's position anytime soon neither.

You can check out Arizona's current laws and regulations regarding guns and ammo here.
https://www.laxammo.com/blog/arizona...munition-laws/

Old 01-29-2018, 12:44 PM

34,258 posts, read 18,634,981 times
Arizona has good gun laws. Here's a place to start. CA is a DISASTER.

Handgunlaw.us

Old 01-30-2018, 01:20 AM

274 posts, read 295,470 times
Arizona gun laws have usually been less strict than many other states. We are generally the least strict state when it comes to gun laws on many articles. You do not have to have to have a permit or apply for licensure in order to purchase a gun, have it in your home, or carry it on you. Pretty much any adult can open carry a loaded firearm in public, and honestly - it's not an uncommon sight. There may be certain areas in which you can't go with a loaded firearm like schools, businesses that serve alcohol (unless you have a permit), prisons, some indian reservations, past airport security, military bases, and such, but many public areas you can. Although, you cannot have a firearm if under a court order saying you cannot or if you've been convicted of a felony. Of course if you're on probation you cannot have a firearm. There are many statues that protect 2nd amendment rights.

However, they shouldn't move to Arizona just because the gun laws are better. They honestly should have more motivation to their move, but of course they should keep in mind that their 2nd amendment rights is important to them.

I honestly don't like Arizona, but I think I would rather take Arizona over California any day.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:38 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,815,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruzer909 View Post
My brother recently told me that he and his wife have decided to move to Arizona by the end of this year or start of the next. They've lived in California for about 15 years now, but have been dissatisfied with current direction of California legislation, specifically their stance on the 2nd amendment. They constantly voice their frustration about it to me and claim Arizona will be their safe haven to living a peaceful life, but I feel like they seem to be over exaggerating Arizona's appeal. Are the gun laws really that great in Arizona? I mean anything seems pretty good when compared to California, but are the gun and ammo laws pretty firm in their stance towards the 2nd amendment?

Yes they are! I came from MA which is a close second to CA as far as being a state that's anti 2A,our AG there just loves to ban everything she can. We have an "approved weapons list" there and if you want to buy a SW 22 with wood grips it's on the approved list but the identical gun with polymer grips is not. Now here's the kicker,you can buy the one with wood grips and change them out and it's ok but dealers are not allowed to sell the gun with the polymer ones. Liberal insanity 101

Here in AZ you're free to buy and carry without a permit and there's no restrictions list. There are some businesses who'll have a No Guns Allowed sign (not many though) so just move on to another. All in all you're legal to buy and carry just about anything here but use your head and don't walk around like you're John Wayne looking for a gun fight and no one will bother you. Also,you can shoot almost anywhere out in the desert unless it's posted but please take your trash with you.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:43 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,437,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
We have an "approved weapons list" there and if you want to buy a SW 22 with wood grips it's on the approved list but the identical gun with polymer grips is not.

I heard next thing is automobiles... wooden tires are OK... Rubber not...
What are they thinking writing those laws... Or better, what are they smoking????

Old 02-02-2018, 05:57 AM

2,926 posts, read 3,101,890 times
A large part of the reason I fled the C.S.S.R. to Arizona over twenty years ago was because of how bad there and how good here the gun laws are. And they both have only gotten worse there and better here.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:40 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,622,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
A large part of the reason I fled the C.S.S.R. to Arizona over twenty years ago was because of how bad there and how good here the gun laws are. And they both have only gotten worse there and better here.
Earp speaks truth.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:18 PM

6,407 posts, read 9,004,494 times
Arizona is a great place for people that believe "gun control" means hitting your target.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:28 PM

344 posts, read 643,810 times
Your brother is correct. I would get his CCW asap, a permit is recognized in 38 States now. It also allows him to carry in a nightclub or restaurant. My brother is a Tucson Detective and he says that a major number of robberies and car jacking's occur in the parking light of these enterprises. If he hasn't he should also get some safety training. If in Tucson I'd look at Pima County Parks and Rec for information on that.

Last edited by Salpointe59; 02-04-2018 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona