Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 06:44 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,731,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto camper View Post
My mailbox in central FL had delivery for 16 years. Dwell on the positive and plan for more rewarding times should the negatives forever tilt downward. After my last parent died at 90 my decade plus research pointed to PHX. Visits likely numbering double digits through several decades offered a solid view of the Valley.

Downsizing, punching the time clock one final time offered me the perfect chance to redevelop. Lifestyle option in moving west was the best decision I ever made. Busier than ever with a better property tax balance this space, so much of it, is my perfect place. Four years of this lifestyle has remade me. Not changing the clock twice a year is an additional bonus. Arizona is a remarkable state to experience.
!

Shhhhh! Teddyearp here's another one who is spreading fallacies about AZ!😉
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 07:28 PM

45 posts, read 37,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto camper View Post
My mailbox in central FL had delivery for 16 years. Dwell on the positive and plan for more rewarding times should the negatives forever tilt downward. After my last parent died at 90 my decade plus research pointed to PHX. Visits likely numbering double digits through several decades offered a solid view of the Valley.

Downsizing, punching the time clock one final time offered me the perfect chance to redevelop. Lifestyle option in moving west was the best decision I ever made. Busier than ever with a better property tax balance this space, so much of it, is my perfect place. Four years of this lifestyle has remade me. Not changing the clock twice a year is an additional bonus. Arizona is a remarkable state to experience.
This is one of the most overblown “problems” in America

Old 04-27-2018, 08:28 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,725,014 times
There may not be any mountains in Florida, but as far as I'm concerned, there aren't any neighborhoods in Arizona that resemble my former Boca Raton neighborhood of Old Floresta.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:56 PM

221 posts, read 193,084 times
Nothing overblown about DST. 19 mile one way bicycle commute to work was thrust into further darkness when I was rear ended by a car. Saying they didn't see my multiple flashing lights and reflective clothing this was on a rural road with no lighting. Not paying attention was the case and which they were charged

Had daylight savings time not been in place it would have been daylight. Obviously survived while work was put on hold for seven weeks recovery. Trek carbon fiber bike was totaled. Usually these situations have reverse outcomes. When one nearly looses their life due to this silliness you form a better picture of common sense.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:12 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,620,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnvlv247 View Post
I have been noticing quite a few FL license plates in the past few months here. First off WOW that's a long drive and secondly, are they/you moving here? Visiting? Why? I do not dislike AZ but would think FL is like AZ in that it is a destination state. If they do move, the last place I would think they'd go is AZ. Any FL natives/transplants here? Please enlighten me
Another reason is job market here. More jobs available, and better pay. The pay in FL tanked with the last recession and never really came back up to pre-recession levels. Pay here has come back up and in some fields is even better. Based on my experience in my field, anyway.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:27 AM

383 posts, read 635,667 times
We just moved to Phoenix from the Tampa Bay area. A few reasons for the move were:
We didn't want to go through another evacuation from our home like we did during hurricane IRMA.
It took us 14 hours to just get out of Florida to Alabama. We are not getting any younger and don't want to go through that again. It's difficult to evacuate your home and have the possibility of losing your home.
We prefer a drier climate as opposed to high humidity.
I am a mosquito magnet and I haven't seen one yet in Phoenix.
No place is perfect, you just have to make a choice of what is more important to you.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:07 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,731,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeg View Post
We just moved to Phoenix from the Tampa Bay area. A few reasons for the move were:
We didn't want to go through another evacuation from our home like we did during hurricane IRMA.
It took us 14 hours to just get out of Florida to Alabama. We are not getting any younger and don't want to go through that again. It's difficult to evacuate your home and have the possibility of losing your home.
No place is perfect, you just have to make a choice of what is more important to you.
Welcome to the desert! I hope your move is better than expected.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:45 AM

872 posts, read 1,000,539 times
Quote:
Besides heat, the monsoons brings the worst disasters of floods and haboobs but that's about it

Old 01-31-2019, 08:59 AM

872 posts, read 1,000,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnvlv247 View Post
I get that

But a lack of geographical diversity is what sells me here, if we are talking aesthetics. The ocean is nice but the ability to drive from desert to high desert to alpine and plains and red rocks in less than 4 hours with winding roads and amazing vistas tops driving to the ocean for me
Met a couple in Sedona who were visiting and we were watching the sunset and they said that there is nothing like this back in FL :P

Been seeing a FL plate like everyday it seems. And they don't look like rentals

Old 01-31-2019, 09:33 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
The bolded, and mainly being too far away from snow skiing, may drive me from the Houston metro to Southern Nevada (Flag and Sedona still accessible). I must say though, I've spent time all over Florida, and I've never been bitten in Florida nor Nevada, but I have been in Arizona (but I think that was because I stayed in a hotel (not in the Phoenix metro) that was dog friendly, and the bite may have been from something other than a mosquito).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona