Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 10:12 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,931,538 times

Advertisements

it appears most teachers out here are in the 40-45k per year range, so even though the COL is a ton lower here, only you can decide if thats enough for your lifestyle..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 03:59 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,199,533 times
I'm a so cal native and I'm Oro Valley (next to Tucson) bound. I love the desert, the COL there, the friendly people, the desert landscape. I can't wait to leave CA.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:07 PM

69 posts, read 61,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
it appears most teachers out here are in the 40-45k per year range, so even though the COL is a ton lower here, only you can decide if thats enough for your lifestyle..
Well my wife and I are modest people. We want a home in the 1800 square foot range on maybe one or two acres of property. I don't need a BMW and in fact would rather just drive a Toyota Camry or Ford F-150. We only eat out of the home only twice a month or so. I bet we could swing it.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:09 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,888,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS1993 View Post
Yes the big thing, according to my wife, is patient ratio's which Arizona does not currently have. That means you can have as many patients given to you on the floor as administration wishes. That means a significant effect on patient care.
I worked at hospitals in states with government-mandated ratios and in states without. People aren't dying right and left here just because the government hasn't marched in and told hospitals how to staff their units. The patient care is just fine.

Old 05-19-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
I worked at hospitals in states with government-mandated ratios and in states without. People aren't dying right and left here just because the government hasn't marched in and told hospitals how to staff their units. The patient care is just fine.
What capacity did/do you work in Arizona health care?

Old 05-20-2018, 10:23 AM

555 posts, read 597,060 times
Quote:
No, patients are not dying right and left, but the workers are burning out faster and replacement is difficult. Our hospital was BEGGING for experienced ICU nurses to work night shift due to almost all new grads or nurses new to ICU with only floor nursing experience. This in a Level 1 trauma center!

Old 05-20-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS1993 View Post
What capacity did/do you work in Arizona health care?
Sorry, I'm not about to discuss where I work with complete strangers online! There are some argumentative folks here I've already had to put on Ignore.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I'm not about to discuss where I work with complete strangers online! There are some argumentative folks here I've already had to put on Ignore.
I don't want to know where specifically. I just want to know what capacity? Emergency room charge nurse? Nurse administrator? Medsurg? Labor and delivery? LVN? BSN?

Old 05-21-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogmom13 View Post
No, patients are not dying right and left, but the workers are burning out faster and replacement is difficult. Our hospital was BEGGING for experienced ICU nurses to work night shift due to almost all new grads or nurses new to ICU with only floor nursing experience. This in a Level 1 trauma center!
That is exactly what my wife is concerned about in regards to patient ratios or lack of in Arizona. On a rare positive note California has a 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 at this time so though her work load is nonetheless crazy it's manageable. Not necessarily from Arizona but from other states she has heard of ratios as high as eight to one which is a career changer right there.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:43 PM

If she's that worried about being able to work without the nanny state helping her, I suggest she stay in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona