Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 05:50 AM

182 posts, read 205,310 times

Advertisements

I want to be in hardiness zone 9+. I am looking at Salome, Vicksburg, Yucca and other towns in Mohave, La Paz and Yuma county.

I have lived in Tucson and do not mind the heat. (In fact, I like it)
My main concern is people. I am a recluse and will keep to myself, only leaving my property for supplies and when I need to go out. Would I need to worry much about my house being broken into? (I plan to live out in the middle of nowhere) Would I, overall, be safe?

Please tell me anything I should be aware of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 06:42 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii900 View Post
I want to be in hardiness zone 9+. I am looking at Salome, Vicksburg, Yucca and other towns in Mohave, La Paz and Yuma county.

I have lived in Tucson and do not mind the heat. (In fact, I like it)
My main concern is people. I am a recluse and will keep to myself, only leaving my property for supplies and when I need to go out. Would I need to worry much about my house being broken into? (I plan to live out in the middle of nowhere) Would I, overall, be safe?

Please tell me anything I should be aware of.
Who's going to bury you when you die?

Old 05-30-2018, 06:41 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,804 times
Well, if you want to be out in the middle of nowhere you picked a good part of the state to do it. Now Yucca on the other hand is on the I-40 so it may not be as isolated as you want. But there is also Nothing out there. You might still find a little Love and Hope though. Further down a bit east and towards the border you may ask Why.

A bit more serious, I don't know how it really is as I've not lived in that forsaken part of this state, but I did read some pretty horrific stories about 20 years or so ago when meth cooks used to use that part of the state. I think with the cheap stuff coming from Mexico though, many have quit cooking out there.

It is Arizona. Buy a gun. Maybe more. I would probably always carry if I lived out there as I would imagine that many there would also. However, I probably wouldn't lock my doors much out there either. I don't here. You would have to visit. I do know it can be harsh. And very desolate.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:58 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,228,935 times
Keep an eye on the Interstate 11 developments. When they finalize the route, buy something along the route.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:20 PM

656 posts, read 813,821 times
The paradox is you have much more privacy in a densely-populated city. You have all the products and services you wish, but do not have to socialize with anyone. You are anonymous.

But good luck living out in the middle of nowhere knowing no one. You need to know your neighbors, for information, help ...and survival.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:30 PM

635 posts, read 784,539 times
The problem with a place in the middle of nowhere? Go anywhere and it's fair game for creeps and meth heads that steal anything that isn't bolted down. Consider Golden Valley. I recommend making friends with neighbors so you can look after each other. I read there is a big aquifer underneath the area. Not too far from stores and lakes. (Kingman) I thought about living there. Dirt roads for going offroading was what I liked and boating at Mohave and Lake Mead.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:01 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,373,915 times
Bouse is also a decent area for a recluse. But I think anywhere you choose in that part of the state will do you fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona