Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 03:54 PM

4 posts, read 5,198 times

Advertisements

I was terminated for testing positive in my position. Employer designated the position safety sensitive two months previously I believe, was never notified of the change. Ate some candy on my day off and tested positive 4 days later, placed on administrative leave and terminated. Employer bashed me stating I was intoxicated at work and basically a threat to their image and myself and others. Had an excellent history with them and they went to the extreme after being a model employee for 11 yrs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,592 times
To answer your question on personal experiences... I've had two experiences so far with the hiring process with my MMJ card. Im about to go take a drug test for another job tomorrow and I definitely will have thc in my system. In the first experience I was up front and while no one really knew the process (and the lab dr. Did not want to have anything to do with it and actually shamed me about it) I ended up sending a copy of my card to HR. The second time the offer was rescinded after they got my results. This time I was up front again and again the manager has never experienced the process, but I was still given the offer. The place that I got hired was a semi corporate environment (call center). I was not hired by amazon. And now I'm about to work for a mortuary. Good luck!

Old 12-04-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
Our policy material on the subject says that a MM card has no bearing on the hiring process, but from then on, having a card makes no difference - if you are found to be impaired on the job, having a MM card isn't a get-out-of-being-fired card.
Urine testing positive for thc cooh doesn't indicate intoxication only use. Why not do a liver enzyme test to detect alcohol consumption from a previous week. Same difference.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:35 AM

Why is it only lower level employees are drug tested?
Seems like a class war.
Elected officials are not drug tested.
Where I was terminated from did not test employees from supervisor and up. The shot callers made horrible decisions and never drug tested.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 812 times
After I was offered (signed the agreement) a contractor position I did the onboard processing. Once that was complete the background check. That was completed successfully and was deemed good to go. Then the pre employment drug test. The job was for a desktop support/administrator position. I failed the drug test and have a valid and up to date MMJ card. The person who did the test results called me and said I had failed and asked if I had a MMJ card. When I said yes, they asked me for the number. I gave it to them and asked them if it disqualified me. They said they only report the results of the test to the employer. I was told not even 10 minutes after that, that the offer had been rescinded. This caused me to not only lose that job (which that was a two year job and had left my current position so I lost that job as well. I have now been unemployed for quite some time and feel like I might be on some kind of blacklist...Somebody help us please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2019, 08:28 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,983 times
only a lawyer can help you, not some random internet forum..

Old 12-12-2019, 10:19 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,725,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
only a lawyer can help you, not some random internet forum..

Huh! Ye of little faith!

Old 12-12-2019, 10:30 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,983 times
I know,I know, I should really start using the advice I get on random internet boards to solve all my life's problems..But, as a baby boomer, then I wouldn't have anything to complain about, and that would make lots of people sad, especially on this forum, where baby boomers are blamed for everything, from global warming to minimum wage jobs, to college debt, to electing our current president..

Old 12-12-2019, 11:23 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,725,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I know,I know, I should really start using the advice I get on random internet boards to solve all my life's problems..But, as a baby boomer, then I wouldn't have anything to complain about, and that would make lots of people sad, especially on this forum, where baby boomers are blamed for everything, from global warming to minimum wage jobs, to college debt, to electing our current president..

It was definitely a Boomer who interviewed and withdrew the job offer to this z/xoomer!

Old 12-12-2019, 11:26 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,643,139 times
You may have a valid argument: https://www.azleg.gov/ars/36/02813.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona