Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 12:34 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,722,569 times

Advertisements

I see many people in this state figure they just don't need a seat belt.
I also see many parents with kids that ought to be in car seats that are not restrained and in many cases multiple kids in the car.
To me anyone that transports a child that way ought to be charged with child endangerment. Only the adults have control over their safety.
Perhaps we need to increase the fines/punishment until it hurts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 04:17 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,191,606 times
CA is just west of here...

Old 08-08-2018, 04:21 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,997,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
I also see many parents with kids that ought to be in car seats that are not restrained and in many cases multiple kids in the car.
To me anyone that transports a child that way ought to be charged with child endangerment. Only the adults have control over their safety.
Just do you and stop worrying about it

Old 08-08-2018, 04:41 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,722,569 times
I worked am ambulance when I was young, before paramedics, for a short time.
I saw enough kids and adults alike that had broken faces, impaled on steering wheels and thrown through wind shields.
Adults make there own choices but the kids can't.
And some insurance companies have taken to fighting claims for secondary collisions where you lose control after being hit. I also understand that they are fighting the severity of injuries when belts are not used.
Good luck with your choices.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:53 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,275,803 times
I work in insurance and also follow this type of stuff.

Buckle up.

Everytime.

There is zero excuse.

To not properly secure a child is unforgivable.

I have seen plenty of accidents where the only person secured is a child and they are the only one to come out alive or escape serious injury.

Outcomes are so much worse when belts are not properly used.

This creates more stress on first responders, higher chance of death or long term care related injury that will stress friends, family, care givers, etc.

Not to mention that with AZ already having a high collision rate and vehicle crash related fatality rate, it is no surprise or insurance rates are also very high.

This harms individuals and businesses alike and leads to a higher rate of uninsured/underinsured motorist

Not to mention that AZ is a comparative negligence state, so failure to mitigate your potential injury by not wearing safety devices can decrease the amount of financial damages you are entitled to even in collision that aren't your fault as you are deemed responsible for some of your own injury

Just completely selfish and unnecessary act

Old 08-08-2018, 05:57 PM

15,254 posts, read 13,053,297 times
The way I see it is that it's the downside of a live-and-let-live culture.

We don't want children harmed but we don't want the government to take the place of their parents, either.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:03 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,275,803 times
This isn't live and let live.

This is being a myopic jerk.

There is a real impact and cost to everyone.

Instead of the click it or ticket campaign, which is ineffective as a whole and even more worthless in AZ as belt violations are a secondary offense with a very low associated fine, there should just be billboards and TV spots of crash scenes

Maybe then people will get it

Old 08-08-2018, 06:09 PM

3,411 posts, read 4,672,188 times
People need to police themselves without the help of government whether to buckle up or not. However, with that there's a lot of stupid people out there who either don't care or they're uneducated.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:29 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,997,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I work in insurance and also follow this type of stuff.

Buckle up.

Everytime.

There is zero excuse.

To not properly secure a child is unforgivable.

I have seen plenty of accidents where the only person secured is a child and they are the only one to come out alive or escape serious injury.

Outcomes are so much worse when belts are not properly used.

This creates more stress on first responders, higher chance of death or long term care related injury that will stress friends, family, care givers, etc.

Not to mention that with AZ already having a high collision rate and vehicle crash related fatality rate, it is no surprise or insurance rates are also very high.

This harms individuals and businesses alike and leads to a higher rate of uninsured/underinsured motorist

Not to mention that AZ is a comparative negligence state, so failure to mitigate your potential injury by not wearing safety devices can decrease the amount of financial damages you are entitled to even in collision that aren't your fault as you are deemed responsible for some of your own injury

Just completely selfish and unnecessary act
In some states that use contributive fault it would bar the recovery altogether.

Comparative fault is pretty forgiving

As for OP it’s not really an AZ specific thing. It’s just a negligence thing by stupid people. Most don’t want to live in a police state though whenever they get on the road though.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:17 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,191,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Worked really well with Drinking and Driving...and illicit drug use...

I am not saying people shouldn't buckle up. We always do. Putting your trust in our idiotic government and its' laws is the problem.

Should they buckle up? Absolutely. Should we buy into the "They should stop this so we need to make it illegal (or more illegal)" mentality? I would say no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: