Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 08:22 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,265,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paint23 View Post
Everything and everyone is interconnected. Some people understand this and care about what is happening beyond their town or city. In this case, the OP did live in TX, so depending, they could have an interest in what is going on there and understand its impact on a national level.

It is clear that you disagree. That’s okay. We don’t all have to agree. However, your thoughts and beliefs are not the only “correct” ones and just because someone else doesn’t agree with you and/or you don’t understand them, doesn’t make them “silly.” By putting others down your ideas don’t magically become more “right.”

Our right to vote is extremely important. In this we have the chance to take action for what we believe in and help shape our world. It is an opportunity that, I believe, should not be given up easily. An absentee ballot is a way to exercise that right.
This has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. You seem to be confused about the legalities of voting.

It doesn't matter what the OP cares about. It would be illegal for the OP to vote in Texas since he/she has moved to Arizona. You can't legally move away from a state and continue to vote in the state you left. The OP states they are a resident of Arizona.

An absentee ballot isn't a way to vote in a state after you have moved away from that state.

This is not an election where you have a say in anything outside of the state you are legally able to vote in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 08:33 PM

70 posts, read 60,289 times
I am not confused. That is why I said, depending on when you moved, meaning if they just landed here and perhaps are in temporary housing or somehow haven't legally moved. They did state they still have a TX license. That is what I meant. I should have been clearer. Yes, I know one cannot vote in a state other than where one is residing.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:48 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,958,014 times
I got an AZ id a year before I moved here that allowed me to get set up before my actual move. Anyone can get an AZ state ID as long as you are not an illegal alien.I think now you need a mailing address but you can use a friend or relatives address.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:34 AM

3,610 posts, read 1,210,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
What a silly comment. There are no "national" issues on the ballot. Texas has its own Senate race and its Governor's race, as does Arizona. Issues in each state are separate.
I can't argue with you if you don't understand how the U.S. Congress works.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:55 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,895,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumamoc View Post
I can't argue with you if you don't understand how the U.S. Congress works.
I can't argue with you if you don't understand what "voter fraud" means.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:51 PM

6,408 posts, read 9,029,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
This has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing. You seem to be confused about the legalities of voting.

It doesn't matter what the OP cares about. It would be illegal for the OP to vote in Texas since he/she has moved to Arizona. You can't legally move away from a state and continue to vote in the state you left. The OP states they are a resident of Arizona.

An absentee ballot isn't a way to vote in a state after you have moved away from that state.

This is not an election where you have a say in anything outside of the state you are legally able to vote in.
The OP "just moved" to Arizona. The OP has a TX drivers licence and is registered to vote in TX. The OP is still a resident of TX and can vote absentee. You do realize that US citizens that live abroad still vote in their home state elections don't you? This isn't a foreign concept.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:11 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,265,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
The OP "just moved" to Arizona. The OP has a TX drivers licence and is registered to vote in TX. The OP is still a resident of TX and can vote absentee. You do realize that US citizens that live abroad still vote in their home state elections don't you? This isn't a foreign concept.
Where are you getting all the details you are posting as fact? I see no where that says the OP is registered to vote in Texas. Even if he was registered to vote, Texas voter eligibility states that you must reside in the county you are registered to vote. So, if you moved and do not reside in that county an absentee ballot is no longer valid.

The OP declared himself a "resident of AZ", you can't be a resident of AZ and Texas for voting purposes. I'm taking the OP at his word that he is a resident of AZ since he posted no details to indicate he doesn't meet the legal requirements that make him a resident. If he has a job in AZ or a kid in school in AZ he is a resident of AZ and can't legally vote in Texas.

Living abroad as an expat doesn't create challenges of residency in two different states so I don't know why you would make that comparison as it has nothing to do with this situation.

This does seem to be a "foreign concept" to you since your post has so much misinformation and made up facts.

Last edited by LBTRS; 10-14-2018 at 02:22 PM..

Old 10-15-2018, 12:50 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,748,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdee70 View Post
I just moved to Phoenix from Texas. Have a current TX license.
It’s going to be 4-6 weeks before I get my paperwork in the mail so I can get my
AZ drivers license because I was born in England and cannot find my birth
certificate & other docs showing I’m a US citizen.

Can you vote in AZ with an out of state license?

Old 10-21-2018, 02:09 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,767,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumamoc View Post
I think you can, but it will be virtually impossible for you to register to vote in Arizona for the upcoming election because you lack your proof-of-citizenship documents and the registration deadline is today.

PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT

"A complete voter registration form must contain proof of citizenship or the form will be rejected. If you have an Arizona driver license or nonoperating identification license issued after October 1, 1996, this will serve as proof of citizenship. If not, you must enclose proof of citizenship with the form".
Actually one CAN register to vote in Arizona without proving US citizenship, although you must attest, under penalty of perjury, that they are citizens. People who do that are given separate ballots and can only vote for federal offices. This is because US law does not require proof of citizenship but Arizona law does.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...te/1158433002/

Old 10-22-2018, 10:26 AM

3,610 posts, read 1,210,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Actually one CAN register to vote in Arizona without proving US citizenship, although you must attest, under penalty of perjury, that they are citizens. People who do that are given separate ballots and can only vote for federal offices. This is because US law does not require proof of citizenship but Arizona law does.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...te/1158433002/
I get what you are saying, but to be clear, the article is stating that you can vote for federal issues and offices without being registered to vote. It doesn't say you can register to vote in AZ without proof of citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: