Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 1,430 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Phoenix from Texas. Have a current TX license.
It’s going to be 4-6 weeks before I get my paperwork in the mail so I can get my
AZ drivers license because I was born in England and cannot find my birth
certificate & other docs showing I’m a US citizen.

Can you vote in AZ with an out of state license?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 11:18 AM

3,610 posts, read 1,206,063 times
I think you can, but it will be virtually impossible for you to register to vote in Arizona for the upcoming election because you lack your proof-of-citizenship documents and the registration deadline is today.

PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT

"A complete voter registration form must contain proof of citizenship or the form will be rejected. If you have an Arizona driver license or nonoperating identification license issued after October 1, 1996, this will serve as proof of citizenship. If not, you must enclose proof of citizenship with the form".

Old 10-09-2018, 01:47 PM

551 posts, read 693,471 times
Unfortunately, you will not be able to vote in this election because the deadlines have passed.

However, you must prove citizenship in order to vote, if you vote without proving/providing proof of US citizenship, you can have your citizenship revoked if you are a dual citizen in some situations. You will need to get your paperwork sorted out before anything else.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:54 PM

2 posts, read 1,430 times
Thanks everyone!

Old 10-10-2018, 02:39 PM

70 posts, read 59,962 times
If you have just moved and you are registered to vote in TX, perhaps you can ask for an absentee ballot from TX to be mailed to you. That way you can still vote.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:31 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paint23 View Post
If you have just moved and you are registered to vote in TX, perhaps you can ask for an absentee ballot from TX to be mailed to you. That way you can still vote.
Not sure why anybody would recommend a person vote for issues and candidates in a state in which they no longer live.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:03 AM

3,610 posts, read 1,206,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
Not sure why anybody would recommend a person vote for issues and candidates in a state in which they no longer live.
I'm guessing you don't follow politics nationally. OP--Your Texas absentee vote is worth a lot.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
My world is larger than the town or state I live in.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:09 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumamoc View Post
I'm guessing you don't follow politics nationally. OP--Your Texas absentee vote is worth a lot.
What a silly comment. There are no "national" issues on the ballot. Texas has its own Senate race and its Governor's race, as does Arizona. Issues in each state are separate.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
What a silly comment. There are no "national" issues on the ballot. Texas has its own Senate race and its Governor's race, as does Arizona. Issues in each state are separate.

Everything and everyone is interconnected. Some people understand this and care about what is happening beyond their town or city. In this case, the OP did live in TX, so depending, they could have an interest in what is going on there and understand its impact on a national level.

It is clear that you disagree. That’s okay. We don’t all have to agree. However, your thoughts and beliefs are not the only “correct” ones and just because someone else doesn’t agree with you and/or you don’t understand them, doesn’t make them “silly.” By putting others down your ideas don’t magically become more “right.”

Our right to vote is extremely important. In this we have the chance to take action for what we believe in and help shape our world. It is an opportunity that, I believe, should not be given up easily. An absentee ballot is a way to exercise that right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: