Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 12:16 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,727,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
I came to Phoenix earlier this year for interviews with the intent to stay , but then C19 started with talk of lockdowns . I chose to stay in my car on BLM Land during my time in the valley to save a little money on a room since eI was on a budget. I came back east to my father's after the last place I interviewed with said it would be atleast 2 weeks before I heard back and I couldn't afford to hold out that long . I got some offers after I got back east , but was too late and couldn't afford to come back that quickly. I'm still pissed over it.
Popwar, keep trying. This pandemic has disrupted a lot of things, but eventually, things will hopefully calm down and get back to "normal". If it's your desire to be here it will happen at the right time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 02:05 PM

213 posts, read 132,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
For those who don’t like it here and can’t wait to move, please let me know.
I’ll help any way that I can.
Well...that's me. :3 Not sure what can be done for me but I am curious.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:32 PM

213 posts, read 132,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have gone from a full time Arizona resident to a working snowbird. Winters are great in Arizona however just about everything else is better where I spend the rest of the year. And I am considering moving my winter home from Arizona to the Texas coast between Corpus Christi and South Padre Island. Living near the water and warmer winters would be the draw for me. But I do like winters in Arizona.

What is better where I am at? The greenery, closeness of everything without any traffic. Friendly people who really do care. Cooler summers. Today for example it rained a bit and was 78 degrees. Low 80's all week. Lower cost of living. I am in a town of 8,000 and there is a local motor vehicle and drivers license office in town. Never a line, no emissions to deal with. And registration cost is much lower. Lower cost of housing that leads to lower property taxes. Friday Night Football that is amazing to see how the whole town gets into it. And more recently very few covid cases and no protests / riots. Oh and when you go to Walmart for example everyone puts their carts in the cart return area. Its always been a pet peeve with me how lazy Arizonans can be. How many times I have been about to pull into what appears to be an empty space only to find a cart right in the middle of it. Here they do not have "shopping carts", they have "baskets". They don't bag your groceries they put them in sacks.
I always wondered why carts were called "baskets" here. It irks me too when people don't put their cart in the cart return that's at most 20 ft away. Where you live now sounds real nice!

Old 07-31-2020, 12:10 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,736,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
I came to Phoenix earlier this year for interviews with the intent to stay , but then C19 started with talk of lockdowns . I chose to stay in my car on BLM Land during my time in the valley to save a little money on a room since eI was on a budget. I came back east to my father's after the last place I interviewed with said it would be atleast 2 weeks before I heard back and I couldn't afford to hold out that long . I got some offers after I got back east , but was too late and couldn't afford to come back that quickly. I'm still pissed over it.

Hang in there, things will eventually get back to normal and you'll get your chance to come on out.

Old 08-06-2020, 07:33 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,804 times
Quote:
And I am considering moving my winter home from Arizona to the Texas coast between Corpus Christi and South Padre Island. Living near the water and warmer winters would be the draw for me.
Quote:
I am thinking of eastern New Mexico as possible summer spot. There is a vast area between 6k and 7k feet just east of the mountains that has just about perfect summers. Very arid though.
I honestly think both of those choices would be a great fit for you. I wish you the best of luck on your upcoming move.

Old 08-08-2020, 03:54 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
Left AZ for Minnesota (twin cities) twice. Went to Seattle area somewhere in there too... I think we all can see how that turned out. Back to AZ in 2022.
I came to Tempe in the mid 80's from the twin cities where I grew up. Left Tempe in '87 when I joined the military, lived all over the world since.

Bought my Prescott home in 2019, will be back permanently in late 2021.

I love the high desert, but I will miss the water in MN. I am staying put in Prescott.

Old 08-09-2020, 05:40 AM

166 posts, read 192,050 times
Default what do ya say to neighbor?

When I move neighbors ask me "where ya' moving" And I hate telling them. Do you answer them or ignore them or?

Old 08-12-2020, 10:51 AM

2,410 posts, read 5,821,936 times
Quote:
I have gone from a full time Arizona resident to a working snowbird. Winters are great in Arizona however just about everything else is better where I spend the rest of the year. And I am considering moving my winter home from Arizona to the Texas coast between Corpus Christi and South Padre Island. Living near the water and warmer winters would be the draw for me. But I do like winters in Arizona.

What is better where I am at? The greenery, closeness of everything without any traffic. Friendly people who really do care. Cooler summers. Today for example it rained a bit and was 78 degrees. Low 80's all week. Lower cost of living. I am in a town of 8,000 and there is a local motor vehicle and drivers license office in town. Never a line, no emissions to deal with. And registration cost is much lower. Lower cost of housing that leads to lower property taxes. Friday Night Football that is amazing to see how the whole town gets into it. And more recently very few covid cases and no protests / riots. Oh and when you go to Walmart for example everyone puts their carts in the cart return area. Its always been a pet peeve with me how lazy Arizonans can be. How many times I have been about to pull into what appears to be an empty space only to find a cart right in the middle of it. Here they do not have "shopping carts", they have "baskets". They don't bag your groceries they put them in sacks.
Sounds pretty nice. I like that the shopping carts aren't left in pkg spots. Your earlier post mentioned N Oklahoma. I'm glad to hear it worked out for you. Sounds very nice.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:52 AM

2,410 posts, read 5,821,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie84 View Post
When I move neighbors ask me "where ya' moving" And I hate telling them. Do you answer them or ignore them or?
Why do you hate telling them? Just curious.

Old 08-12-2020, 03:41 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,094 times
I'm an ex-Arizona resident myself (5 yrs there). I would say that living in AZ (Scottsdale) was a positive experience and i quite enjoyed it. But I didn't like the endlessly increasing sprawl (so far to drive for things), the aggressive driving (the worst!), the politics, and the summers. I thought i loved the sun but discovered that it didn't mean Phoenix summers (though i loved the other 8 months).

I do miss the look and feel of the place, the bougainvillea, cacti varieties, ocotillos, palm trees, desert landscaping. But I discovered i did like a mild 4 season/yr. though and so compromised and found one to my liking.

I did love the dining scene, the huge variety. And places to go and see and shop in, and the opportunities to get out of the city into the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona