Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 11:23 AM

34 posts, read 37,121 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My concern is that AZ could impose mandatory vaccination during a state of emergency. Since most states have been overreacting to the current illness, I fear AZ may use this as an excuse to impose mandatory vaccination. As far as I could find, AZ is the only state that has this in its legislature.

It says:

"C. ...during a state of emergency or state of war emergency in which there is an occurrence or the imminent threat of smallpox, plague, viral hemorrhagic fevers or a highly contagious and highly fatal disease with transmission characteristics similar to smallpox, the governor, in consultation with the director of the department of health services, may issue orders that: 1. Mandate treatment or vaccination of persons who are diagnosed with illness resulting from exposure or who are reasonably believed to have been exposed or who may reasonably be expected to be exposed.

2. Isolate and quarantine persons.

D. Law enforcement officials of this state and the national guard shall enforce orders issued by the governor under this section."

This is written in quite a broad way, in my opinion, and "who may reasonably be expected to be exposed" could be anyone.

Here is the link to the full legislature: https://codes.findlaw.com/az/title-3...ct-36-787.html

Does anybody here know anything about this, and if the state can actually enforce this?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2020, 11:53 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,643,139 times
Good. Let’s get back to normal as soon as possible.

I think you better move, quickly.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:04 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,475,666 times
A one post troll.

Old 08-15-2020, 12:30 PM

2,788 posts, read 7,450,167 times
No matter what the law says, in Arizona or anywhere else, I don't think we're likely to see people strapped to gurneys and injected against their will. If a safe and effective vaccine is developed, I think it's more likely we'll see it become the price of entry into most of society. I can envision proof of vaccination being required for many, if not all, of the following:

Attendance at a college or university
Enrolling children in a public school (including charters)
Working for any large employer
Flying on an airline
Crossing any international border (maybe even some state borders within the U.S.)
Enlistment in the military

There will of course be some exemptions based on medical circumstances, but I can see the current personal preference exemptions that are given out like candy going away. For those who choose to be unvaccinated, a lifestyle of home-schooling, self-employment, and limited travel would be necessary. I think that's the lifestyle a lot of anti-vax folks might prefer anyway.

Old 08-15-2020, 01:12 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,282,748 times
Ahh the fear mongering anti-vaxxers come out of the woodwork. This is all some conspiracy by Bill Gates and the pharmaceutical industry to make more profit, right?

Amazing how many people listen to quacks they find on the internet with no health credentials vs actual medical experts. It is why our country is doing so much worse now vs all other developed countries (more on par with Brazil, Mexico, India, Russia, etc.).

Old 08-15-2020, 01:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,643,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Ahh the fear mongering anti-vaxxers come out of the woodwork. This is all some conspiracy by Bill Gates and the pharmaceutical industry to make more profit, right?

Amazing how many people listen to quacks they find on the internet with no health credentials vs actual medical experts. It is why our country is doing so much worse now vs all other developed countries (more on par with Brazil, Mexico, India, Russia, etc.).
Spot on. We’ve become the country of paranoid idiots.

Old 08-15-2020, 02:54 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,725,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
A one post troll.
While I agree that this is probably a one post grenade tosser, it is strange that we have this on the books, but I'm not that interested in its origins to dig up its history.

Old 08-15-2020, 02:54 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenature View Post
Hi everyone,

My concern is that AZ could impose mandatory vaccination during a state of emergency. Since most states have been overreacting to the current illness, I fear AZ may use this as an excuse to impose mandatory vaccination. As far as I could find, AZ is the only state that has this in its legislature.

Thank you.
Sadly, you must be against Good Health and Long Life . . . possibly even Happiness !

Old 08-15-2020, 04:06 PM

34 posts, read 37,121 times
I'm amazed at the attacks directed towards me by some of the people who replied. You know the old saying? If you don't have anything nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:24 PM

8 posts, read 6,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf
While I agree that this is probably a one post grenade tosser, it is strange that we have this on the books, but I'm not that interested in its origins to dig up its history.
Yes well they havent done this yet so lets hope they do not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66
A one post troll.
I dont think so..He does have a valid concern!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona