Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 05:47 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,477,031 times

Advertisements

Remember chatting with a guy doing research on Phoenix before moving a start up to the area. He said that Phoenix is the halfway point between southern California and Dallas culturally. But when you think southern California, think Ontario & the Inland Empire, not LA or Orange County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 08:04 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
“Narrow” is subjective. The Republican president, senator, and sheriff of our largest county all lost. Furthermore AZGOP’s subsequent lawsuits all failed miserably. With that said, I think the OP would fit in, being a Republican but not a Trumpian, as those types are apparently just the vocal minority around here.
Biden at 49.4% and Trump at 49.1 is objectively a narrow win.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:14 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Biden at 49.4% and Trump at 49.1 is objectively a narrow win.
I didn’t realize you were only talking about the presidential race. When you look at it cumulatively, I wouldn’t consider an 0-3 loss on significant races to be all that narrow, not mentioning McSally’s first failed race in the midterms. I think it’s writing on the wall.

Old 02-03-2021, 05:59 PM

321 posts, read 128,870 times
Quote:
I didn’t realize you were only talking about the presidential race. When you look at it cumulatively, I wouldn’t consider an 0-3 loss on significant races to be all that narrow, not mentioning McSally’s first failed race in the midterms. I think it’s writing on the wall.
I think is the Trump effect get another generic Republican they win here

Old 02-04-2021, 08:42 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,017 times
Pshaw! I605, you ought to come out and check out Tombstone. Seriously. It may seem very similar to where you are now, except, it will be a bit more conservative and yes, more like the 'wild west' as well. They do have a drinking problem down there, that is where I draw the parallel, but it can be interesting.

The surrounding area is full of 'sky islands', there are the Karchner caves, endless exploring you can do in that area. Tons of history, old mines, Geronimo's hideouts, Cochise stronghold, the heart of the southwest. I guess you could say, that is where it all happened back in the day.

Happy hunting.

Old 02-04-2021, 12:32 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Pshaw! I605, you ought to come out and check out Tombstone. Seriously. It may seem very similar to where you are now, except, it will be a bit more conservative and yes, more like the 'wild west' as well. They do have a drinking problem down there, that is where I draw the parallel, but it can be interesting.

The surrounding area is full of 'sky islands', there are the Karchner caves, endless exploring you can do in that area. Tons of history, old mines, Geronimo's hideouts, Cochise stronghold, the heart of the southwest. I guess you could say, that is where it all happened back in the day.

Happy hunting.
And not that far from Bisbee which is a good destination.

Old 02-04-2021, 03:24 PM

1,161 posts, read 466,777 times
Having now lived here 71 years, and in pretty much every corner of the state, I believe I can say quite accurately that Arizona is no longer Arizona - simple as that. The influx of California refugees, and the influx of corporate types from all over the country, has cost Arizona whatever distinctive identity it once had. The growth of the Valley has spilled over into every corner of the state, to the point that what I say is true of even formerly distinctive communities such as Prescott and Flagstaff. The trend, politically and socio-economically, is very much away from what characterized Arizona 50 or 25 years ago.

I'm pretty much committed to Arizona at this point, but if I were looking for what Arizona once had I'd be thinking in terms of Wyoming or one of the Dakotas. Not, of course, if I cared about a "warmer climate." If I were the OP, I'd probably be thinking in terms of parts of Texas.

Old 02-04-2021, 09:49 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,726,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandee38 View Post
I think is the Trump effect get another generic Republican they win here
Maybe not with the current Republican party. The OP should be ok out here regardless.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:57 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Pretty much ditto what they said. Think of AZ as a Wild West area, outside the big cities esp, and even in the cities to a good degree. I'm from the south too, and I would say this is more like Texas than the south. Which is good if you want the cowboy/ western experience because there is not as much of that in the south.....well there is the country music/cowboy boots kinda thing but not the 'real west' like here.

And it is debatable about the Red State/Blue State thing at this point. McSally was a horrible choice and the Trump v McCain feud no doubt hurt Trump at least a little. Not to mention the.... errr.... irregularities with the election.

All just my .02

Old 02-05-2021, 05:14 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,663,139 times
Quote:
Yup... for Arizona to turn into California. Higher cost of living, higher taxes, fewer jobs, more crime, more homelessness. Hooray!

Arizona is being infested by the dumbest people on the face of the Earth... those who are fleeing the problems caused by their votes, but who still believe that's the correct way to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona