Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:30 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
If there is no written contract, then they cannot put a lien on you. Oral business contracts are not law abiding.
Fire them, and move on as the other poster mentioned. If they scream and yell at you or threaten you, then tell them you'll report them to the authorities. And I'd make a report to the BBB.
Thanks, you've answered my question. The last thing I need is to continue dealing with a lying pool service when there are so many other here. I should not have to be double-checking someone's work. So I plan to just send in payment for one week minus the cost of the 4 lbs of shock I just had to go buy. My water had zero chlorine yesterday and after today's "service," it still has zero chlorine. The BBB is a good idea, except that I don't really want to take on more trouble than I have to and plus my next door neighbor (with whom I'd like to stay on good terms) has been using this service for six years.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You know this for a fact? Or, are you simply making an assumption that a woman cannot perform to the same quality as a man in this case?

Have you spoken to the pool company and expressed your dissatisfaction?
Yes, men, in general, do have more physical strength than women, (and I challenge you to disagree here) not to mention the fact she did not even brush it today (for sure) or last week, I am pretty sure. I will be sending my pool service a letter with payment. I see no reason to discuss things with them as I am done with their service. I can voice my displeasure as easily in a letter as otherwise, plus I am including all the documentation in the letter.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:54 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Thanks, you've answered my question. The last thing I need is to continue dealing with a lying pool service when there are so many other here. I should not have to be double-checking someone's work. So I plan to just send in payment for one week minus the cost of the 4 lbs of shock I just had to go buy. My water had zero chlorine yesterday and after today's "service," it still has zero chlorine. The BBB is a good idea, except that I don't really want to take on more trouble than I have to and plus my next door neighbor (with whom I'd like to stay on good terms) has been using this service for six years.

And is your neighbor satisfied with the service?

Old 06-19-2008, 07:58 PM

220 posts, read 648,879 times
Quote:
Actually, you are incorrect. When I signed up for the service I told them I only wanted X to do it, the guy I met the first day. He seemed like a decent guy who had the physical strength to brush down the pool. The pool service agreed to this. A woman does not, or I'd be doing it myself.

Are you kidding me? I soley brush down my pool as well as vacuum it on my own. Why wouldn't a woman not have the strength to brush down a freaking pool- Its not as if the brush weighs 5 tons.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
[/b]

And is your neighbor satisfied with the service?
Yup, but she also told me the service has only had FOUR guys (read guys) in six years. Perhaps I freaked out the pool guy by saying I wanted only him to do it! LOL! At this point I would have settled for any guy - anyone with muscles who can brush a pool down with strength. I sure cannot. Women have babies and make cookies better than men. Men scrub down pools better than women.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locoenlacabeza View Post
Are you kidding me? I soley brush down my pool as well as vacuum it on my own. Why wouldn't a woman not have the strength to brush down a freaking pool- Its not as if the brush weighs 5 tons.
No the brush does not weigh five tons. However, the pressure applied to the brush is largely a function of strength. Again, most of the time, men have more physical strength than women. I'd say 90 to 95% of the time, but don't quote me on that. BTW, I can vacuum; that takes no physical strength. You just move a vacuum around, much like women's housework.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:03 PM

220 posts, read 648,879 times
Quote:
Yup, but she also told me the service has only had FOUR guys (read guys) in six years. Perhaps I freaked out the pool guy by saying I wanted only him to do it! LOL! At this point I would have settled for any guy - anyone with muscles who can brush a pool down with strength. I sure cannot. Women have babies and make cookies better than men. Men scrub down pools better than women.
I am not quite sure which century you are from or which country for that matter but I can assure you that there is no scientific data to support your asinine assumption that men can brush a pool down better then women and for that matter there is nothing to support that women make better cookies.

This has got to be idiocy at its finest......

Old 06-19-2008, 08:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
I am not quite sure which century you are from or which country for that matter but I can assure you that there is no scientific data to support your asinine assumption that men can brush a pool down better then women and for that matter there is nothing to support that women make better cookies.

Ya Think!!!!!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Next, you will tell us that your not a sexist !

Old 06-19-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:

Oh really? Tell me how many women are in combat in the armed forces? 5 to 10% at most? Why is that? Could it be there are REAL differences between the sexes?

I was just kidding about the cookies. Many top chefs are men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona