Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Retired and Disabled Home Owners Should Be Exempt?
YES 4 28.57%
NO 5 35.71%
Exempt from school taxes only. 4 28.57%
Never have to pay more than a 2.5% increase. 2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:05 PM

13,227 posts, read 21,844,514 times

Advertisements

What are you talking about? Parents PAY for school trips. Parents PAY for sports uniforms, trips to games, etc. To my knowledge, homeowners never get billed for street repairs on city owned streets. The only time the city would charge money for street repairs is on private roads. I think you are concocting an argument based on hallucinations.

Also, I asked you to substantiate your 17.5% tax increase, which you have not done. Funny you mention "back east". The taxes back-east are MUCH higher than they are in Arizona. So again I ask, let's see your FACTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 12:29 PM

22 posts, read 54,515 times
Angry To The Person That Has Never Heard Of 17.5% Tax Increases.

You stated that you've never heard about property tax increases of 17.5% or more ? then i must assume that you do not read the Kingman news papers either.For the past 4 to 6 years property tax payers have been complaining about their property taxes being increased from 15% upto 40% each year.When it was brought to the attention of higher state officials the county supervisors were told that they were exceeding the state of arizoa's tax statutes that old allows a maximum increase of 2.5% per year! I don't have to show my proof,if your so misiformed just check with an editor at the Kingman Daily Miner or get in touch with the state of Arizona's property tax people in Phoenix. I will agree that most people receiving state aid or those that do not own their own homes just might not have been that concerned about property tax increases of from 15% to 40% each year.PS my taxes have doubled in just 6 years.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey896 View Post
You stated that you've never heard about property tax increases of 17.5% or more ? then i must assume that you do not read the Kingman news papers either.For the past 4 to 6 years property tax payers have been complaining about their property taxes being increased from 15% upto 40% each year.When it was brought to the attention of higher state officials the county supervisors were told that they were exceeding the state of arizoa's tax statutes that old allows a maximum increase of 2.5% per year! I don't have to show my proof,if your so misiformed just check with an editor at the Kingman Daily Miner or get in touch with the state of Arizona's property tax people in Phoenix. I will agree that most people receiving state aid or those that do not own their own homes just might not have been that concerned about property tax increases of from 15% to 40% each year.PS my taxes have doubled in just 6 years.
Housing values have also doubled in the last 6 years-----even after factoring the crash in the market.

Besides: Arizona property taxes are among the lowest in the USA. If you want 2.5-3.5% taxes per $100 assessed value-------there is always Oregon.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:02 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,656,011 times
That's funny I'm from back east too. My property taxes were mucher higher in NY than in AZ and I own homes in Mohave and Yavapai county. Everyone here has an opportunity to dispute their taxes with the county. Visit the Mohave County website for more information.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:42 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,696,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey896 View Post
You may be confusing the tax rate with the actual tax which is levied against your property. As your property increases in value, the tax will increase, even though the rate remains the same.

My taxes have doubled in two years, but they are still much less than I paid in another state. Of course, you usually get what you pay for, so don't expect much in the way of county road maintenance this year. We were stiffed by the state at the last minute, and there will have to be many cuts in spending and hiring.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:29 PM

22 posts, read 54,515 times
Unhappy Allowing Officials To Compare An Older Home To A New Home Is Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
You may be confusing the tax rate with the actual tax which is levied against your property. As your property increases in value, the tax will increase, even though the rate remains the same.

My taxes have doubled in two years, but they are still much less than I paid in another state. Of course, you usually get what you pay for, so don't expect much in the way of county road maintenance this year. We were stiffed by the state at the last minute, and there will have to be many cuts in spending and hiring.
Keep in mind that just because you do not mind having your property taxes doubled-does not mean that it's proper or right.We had 8 times as much property plus a 3 car garage and a 2 story building for storage,and our taxes were about the same as here.When they did raise everyones taxes they did not value a 20 year old home as a brand new home,if they ever tried they would not be in office very long.PS: And as far as the state steeping in and declaring the drastic tax increases against the law, it's about time.The county roads won't get built any better until they hire a company or workers that know what their doing,all i ever hear from them
here is that we don't do it that way.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:53 PM

2 posts, read 8,137 times
Default Property Tax Bill for 2008 Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We (people with kids in school) pay for plenty - just like always. Pay your fair share. You are more than happy to take those social security checks and medicare benefits that we and the kids we have will be paying for for generations.
You have got to be kidding! I have owned a parcel in Mohave County for over 20 years, last year my property taxes more than doubled and this year they did the same. I just got my tax bill today. The taxes listed on the tax bill are showing 16% and 5.5293% for Primary Property Tax Calculation (do the simple math here that's 21.293%!!!), then 16% and 4.0194% for Secondary Property Tax Calculation. I am getting taxed for your kiddos and having to pay taxes in another state for my kiddo, so who's getting the free ride here?

Over taxation is over taxation period. And the retired person that you feel should have to pay their "fair share" - already did - and still does, as he/she is paying property taxes currently for your kid's education. Would love to hear what you have to say when you are their age and having to survive off of social security (if it's available) because your 401K is gone due to the stock market crashing!

It's greed pure and simple!

Old 10-04-2008, 01:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmyck1 View Post
You have got to be kidding! I have owned a parcel in Mohave County for over 20 years, last year my property taxes more than doubled and this year they did the same. I just got my tax bill today. The taxes listed on the tax bill are showing 16% and 5.5293% for Primary Property Tax Calculation (do the simple math here that's 21.293%!!!), then 16% and 4.0194% for Secondary Property Tax Calculation. I am getting taxed for your kiddos and having to pay taxes in another state for my kiddo, so who's getting the free ride here?

Over taxation is over taxation period. And the retired person that you feel should have to pay their "fair share" - already did - and still does, as he/she is paying property taxes currently for your kid's education. Would love to hear what you have to say when you are their age and having to survive off of social security (if it's available) because your 401K is gone due to the stock market crashing!

It's greed pure and simple!
The 'Joker in the Deck' is there are far more people on any sort of assistance compared to even 20 years ago. Remember that our birthrate is now a replacement level (2.1 children per woman)-----------meaning far fewer potential workers to support the former groups especially as the Baby Boomers age.

Either many of the people on assistance re-enter the workforce (even if only part time) or, most of 'em will starve. One thing that would help would be some sort of basic universal health care for all US citizens/green card holders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona