Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 04:09 AM

1 posts, read 4,391 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband, son & I are hoping to relocate to AZ. from Minnesota. I started doing some research about the different areas but am coming up short in one area. Hubby is a trucker & we own our own semi. I'm trying to find out where Trucking Companies (SMALL ONES) can be found in AZ.

We are not looking for JB Hunt, Swift & those big companies but more "mom & pop" size to lease onto. I have tried various job search sites, trucking sites, etc. but usually I get nowhere.

Do you know or any? A company name & city would be very helpful!

Thanks,
Harleyrose

Old 02-15-2008, 04:01 PM

295 posts, read 1,214,531 times
Dewitt Bros., 843 S Hwy 89, Chino Valley (928) 636-0303

CV is about 10 miles north of Prescott.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:56 PM

7 posts, read 40,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyrose View Post
Hello,

My husband, son & I are hoping to relocate to AZ. from Minnesota. I started doing some research about the different areas but am coming up short in one area. Hubby is a trucker & we own our own semi. I'm trying to find out where Trucking Companies (SMALL ONES) can be found in AZ.

We are not looking for JB Hunt, Swift & those big companies but more "mom & pop" size to lease onto. I have tried various job search sites, trucking sites, etc. but usually I get nowhere.

Thanks,
Harleyrose
We are in the same siuation here- what part of Arizona are you moving to?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:12 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,026,946 times
Shroom, you beat me to the keyboard! I was also going to recommend DeWitt Bros!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:33 PM

129 posts, read 562,315 times
lots and lots of trucking jobs in AZ...period. Az is a very spread out state, and people need food and other supplies delivered regularly in the northern and southern regions of the state.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:17 PM

135 posts, read 542,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyrose View Post
Hello,

Thanks,
Harleyrose
Are you a team? or is your husband the sole driver?
I used to work for a local outfit that brings carpet and floor goods in from GA and sometimes goes on to LA or San Diego with trailerload.
Most O/O's running for this company are teams and have reefer trailers so they can pick up produce and run back to GA.

Might be worth a shot..they are based in Phoenix with warehouses in Las Vegas, San Diego, and LA.
United Freight Service, Inc. 641 E. Watkins, Phoenix, AZ 602-256-9470 Speak with Nick Splendaro or Jack/dispatcher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: