Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2007, 08:21 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,344,289 times

Advertisements

Hi all! Just got back from a quick trip to Flagstaff, where we stopped off for dinner at one of my favorite eateries, Nic's in Old Town Cottonwood.

I just love discovering unique places in northern and central AZ. I've got my favorite unique places to eat (not chains) in Prescott, Old Town Cottonwood, Sedona, and Flagstaff. And I've discovered a few historical places of interest (not those you normally find in the guidebooks). Anybody from the area like to share their favorites with me for my next trip through the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 10:14 AM

78 posts, read 422,135 times
One place that we always try to visit in Sedona is the Coffee Pot. Great breakfasts, with like 100 different omelettes to choose from.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:22 PM

436 posts, read 685,122 times
Nic's & Coffee Pot are ok (this is Central AZ we're talking about here), the latter has built their reputation on a good, quick breakfast with a large selection of menu items. CP gets many of the tourists (and locals too) because it's a restaurant landmark in the Sedona area, and they have great PR that hooks the tourists. People here think 'crabs' when they think Nic's. Either restaurant will provide you two+ days worth of saturated fat, trans-fats & sodium - more if you order extra. There are healthier alternatives, even here in the culinary wastelands of Central AZ.

Eating out once in a while is one of life's great pleasures, still, too many people eat out way too often (fast food is a religion here) and subsequently have little control of their intakes of saturated fat, trans-fats and caloric intake, that and the dearth of exercise, and witness the inevitable flab-a-thon on display everywhere here. Please AZ - exercise and work off some calories. This area gets high scores for beer guts, pudgy people, and little exercise. Bicyclists & hikers here comment at how few people take advantage of the light traffic, cleaner air and wide open spaces up here.

When I lived in CA, I'd catered in multi-million dollar residences that had $100K+ kitchens (think Architectural Digest), and we caters would always comment to each other at how unused they looked, and almost without fail we'd find a nice collection of takeout menus in one of the kitchen drawers, (sic) I flashback on that bloody Mezzaluna takeout menu that Nicole Simpson had next to here bloodied body when it was found. Nicole kept her weight down even though it was mentioned how often she ate out. Southern Californian's eat out a whole lot but there are far fewer chubby people out there because they have the good sense to workout more often, and select healthier food choices. I won't start on how many people smoke here in Central AZ, that's another thread for another time, but oh brother! I pity the Medicare system in this country. Somethings gonna give sooner than later.

Last edited by brian_2; 01-28-2007 at 02:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona