Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:10 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,972,425 times

Advertisements

What can any of you tell me about Lake Havasu City?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 05:04 PM

572 posts, read 2,488,752 times
What would you like to know about the city? Ask away
My Home (http://www.newtohavasu.net/ - broken link)

Old 10-06-2008, 05:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Look through some of the older threads on this Forum dealing with LHC as well. They may be able to give you some idea both good or bad what to expect.

This I will say: housing prices have plummeted damn near to pre 'bubble' levels--------and, are still declining.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 PM

572 posts, read 2,488,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Look through some of the older threads on this Forum dealing with LHC as well. They may be able to give you some idea both good or bad what to expect.

This I will say: housing prices have plummeted damn near to pre 'bubble' levels--------and, are still declining.
You are correct Arizona Bear and its not even near the bottom. I think Lake Havasu will be hit very hard since alot of homes were bought by SoCal people and now they need to sell and there are very few buyers. So down down the price goes. Havasu is lacking the good paying jobs and that is what it takes to get a loan, and a down payment is also required. I would not be surprised to see 1998 prices before it all ends. There are alot fewer big boats and fewer SUVs around town. Hang on its going to be an interesting ride to the bottom. I also think that we will see alot fewer snowbirds this year. A drive around town and you will see there are alot of For Sale and For Rent signs. The good news is that this week the World Finals Jet Ski races are going on and alot of people in town from all over the world and great races to watch.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
You are correct Arizona Bear and its not even near the bottom. I think Lake Havasu will be hit very hard since alot of homes were bought by SoCal people and now they need to sell and there are very few buyers. So down down the price goes. Havasu is lacking the good paying jobs and that is what it takes to get a loan, and a down payment is also required. I would not be surprised to see 1998 prices before it all ends. There are alot fewer big boats and fewer SUVs around town. Hang on its going to be an interesting ride to the bottom. I also think that we will see alot fewer snowbirds this year. A drive around town and you will see there are alot of For Sale and For Rent signs. The good news is that this week the World Finals Jet Ski races are going on and alot of people in town from all over the world and great races to watch.
Suffice I agree with what you posted---------especially the job problem. I lived there several years ago and both places laid me off due to either politics or lack of work.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:54 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,208,963 times
I heard a lot of the shops in the English village closed. Quite a shame if you ask me. When I first visited there in 1992 it seemed like a British version of Solvang to me.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,972,425 times
Thanks.. sad to see what appears in the pictures I have seen to be a pretty cool place dropping in stature like that.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 AM

110 posts, read 248,319 times
Lake Havasu is beautiful. If you're planning to move there you need to make sure you have a job first. As it's been mentioned, good jobs are hard to find. It's a tourist town. I agree that the English Village needs some help. Hopefully the city will get it together and clean it up. The housing market has taken a hit but so has every other place. The lake itself is great with alot of beautiful coves but try to explore it either during the off season or during the week because the weekends tend to get busy.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I heard a lot of the shops in the English village closed. Quite a shame if you ask me. When I first visited there in 1992 it seemed like a British version of Solvang to me.
As you stated. And; if anything, the English Village has really deteriorated since 2000

Major league bummer about LHC: it used to have almost an 'aloha' vibe prior to 2001----------but, things went to hell with the psychotic spike in housing prices and now the implosion.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:41 AM

18 posts, read 75,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post

What kind of info are you looking for - are you contemplating a move or planning a vacation there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona