Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:12 PM

4 posts, read 18,028 times

Advertisements

Hi we are looking for a perfect City in Arizonia ? We do not mind the Heat but do not want a cold or wet winter, but want the following :
1. Low Crime
2. Smaller city population area not much over 100,000 (don't have to deal with lots of traffic)
3. with Lakes with boating around, fishing and camping around
4. Jobs available
5. college close if possible for my son
I am not sure if I am asking to much but hope their is a town like this around we currently live in Billings M.T. which is about 100,000 people and we currently have all this just not the weather we are sick of 10 months of winter.
Please help with any ideas or any towns we have already looked at Queen creek but I do not like it do to the traffic to almost go anywhere not sure if I am crazy about that, and We are considering Possible Lake Havasu or Parker area but have never been their.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 02:28 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,237,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thninkingaz View Post
Hi we are looking for a perfect City in Arizonia ? We do not mind the Heat but do not want a cold or wet winter, but want the following :
1. Low Crime
2. Smaller city population area not much over 100,000 (don't have to deal with lots of traffic)
4. Jobs available
I am not sure if I am asking to much but hope their is a town like this around we currently live in Billings M.T. which is about 100,000 people and we currently have all this just not the weather we are sick of 10 months of winter.
Please help with any ideas or any towns we have already looked at Queen creek but I do not like it do to the traffic to almost go anywhere not sure if I am crazy about that, and We are considering Possible Lake Havasu or Parker area but have never been their.
I am not the expert you need as I am a transplant and live in Sedona (with somewhat cold winters due to the altitude) but I thought I would share that I have heard that Lake Havasu is the hottest place in the state, so you talking REALLY hot summers, worse than Phoenix.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:
1. Low Crime
4. Jobs available
You are pretty much 'stuck' with any of the Colorado River cities that you listed plus Bullhead City.

My recommendation is to actually visit all of the places in question and 'feel the vibes'.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:27 PM

326 posts, read 1,372,493 times
The summer really isn't that bad in LHC. I've never seen it go over 130F.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:47 PM

572 posts, read 2,487,707 times
Lake Havasu is a nice place to live and the crime is average for a city of its size. The weather is great during the winter 70s and hot during the summer over 100 for 4-5 months, it has not been 130 but it has been 128 and even to me thats hot and I love the heat. There is no traffic to speak of it might take you 10-15 minutes to get to one end of town to the other end. Its hard to get lost because we have the mountains on one side of town and the Lake on the other side. Housing is alot more reasonable now. We have a nice mall for shopping and it seems to be doing ok with new shops coming in. The downfall would be the job market. We have a nice Community College. Lake Havasu isnt for everyone but it is for about 50,000 people year round now. Check out this website for some pictures of the place. To me its a great place to live. http://www.newtohavasu.net/ (broken link)

(http://www.newtohavasu.net/ - broken link)

Last edited by Havasu; 11-16-2008 at 04:55 PM..

Old 11-16-2008, 04:53 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,455,614 times
Quote:
1. Low Crime
4. Jobs available
If such a place existed, I would move there. Alas, I think the jobs issue is going to be the sticking point in your list.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
If such a place existed, I would move there. Alas, I think the jobs issue is going to be the sticking point in your list.
This is what keeps the place from growing, there are a few jobs here and there but the pay is not good.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
This is what keeps the place from growing, there are a few jobs here and there but the pay is not good.
Well, if a person can retire I think that's great. But to ask for everything the OP has, PLUS jobs, is a bit much. Anytime there is a place with all of the above, it is no longer small, as everyone moves there.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, if a person can retire I think that's great. But to ask for everything the OP has, PLUS jobs, is a bit much. Anytime there is a place with all of the above, it is no longer small, as everyone moves there.
You are right and thats why there is nowhere perfect to live.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
You are right and thats why there is nowhere perfect to live.
Right, it's a question of priorities. I will tell you this much and I've learned the hard way TWICE now; a person should really go to an area and rent for a few months in the worst part of the year, weather-wise, before making a move.

In my last place I bought way out in order to afford something (something akin to buying in Queen Creek or Buckeye). However, I didn't like the city I moved to and the commute was horrendous. Still, owning was important to me.

In this place, I bought something six times the size of my former dwelling in a very good neighborhood, but there is not much to do that interests me.

There is no perfect place - just places better suited to a person than other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona