Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2007, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,665 times

Advertisements

My children and I are moving to AZ soon and would like to know of a nice community, preferably small (under 10,000) and reasonably priced housing. I would also like a community with a great school. Am I asking to much? Any ideas???

Old 03-06-2007, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,644 times
Hi, we are thinking of the same thing....we are getting tired of the smog, crime,and high price of everything in Southern California-we live in San Bernardino (which can get very hot, super windy, and smoggy which causes my kids to get allergies). I am a stay at home mom now and with just my husband working, we are just barely making ends meet.....so, a friend of ours who is thinking of moving out to either Kingman, Williams, or Golden Valley to live and invest in property recommended Arizona to us! We are excited but are also scared to leave the "comfort" of California...but then I start to think, "what comfort?"...I can't go anywhere because we don't have enough $$$$ to go anywhere....Ok I got my chance to vented....I truly want to find a safe, nice family oriented place for my children to grow up in.....hope I get some replies....Thanks for listening....
tqb

Old 03-06-2007, 11:02 PM

47 posts, read 229,809 times
let me tell you some differences.
housing costs are so much less.
utilities are a lot less
taxes are less
property taxes. no comparison.
I'm in northern AZ... better lifestyle than anything left in CA, maybe like CA 40 years ago.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:08 PM

17 posts, read 131,785 times
We live in Queen Creek and I've noticed a lot of people from CA here. It's still pretty small. About 40,000 people and conviences are about 30 min away. Schools are OK "nothing to write home about" as my Grandpa use to say. We homeschool because there is no higher education around. There's still a small town feel with fresh air and stars at night, (the roosters and the donkeys behind our developement are up at the crack of dawn) but it is a fast growing city, pushing the farm people out little by little. We're planning on moving to Florence. It's even smaller and about 30 from here. You can still get land for 50,000 and under there to build your own house and an hour from the city. Hope this helps, Kat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona