Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:31 PM

148 posts, read 758,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Actually, there's a residence at the range in Kingman as well. However, it belongs to the caretaker. And there's no other residence withing 1/4 mile of the range. Is that the same as your range? Maybe there's a provision for the caretaker's residence.

Anyway, the 1/4 mile law is what's taught at the AZ CCW class. You know better?
I'm pretty sure the residence at Adair Park is the caretaker's house. I was also taught that 1/4 mile from an occupied structure is the law for hunting/target shooting. I was just bringing up the point that there may be exceptions. My boss' brother-in-law has a legal underground range on his property that is in a developed neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 07:56 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSet View Post
My boss' brother-in-law has a legal underground range on his property that is in a developed neighborhood.
Can I have his contact info? I'd like to become his friend.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:21 AM

1 posts, read 738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Not just hunting. Firing a gun within 1/4 mile of a residence is illegal, period. Call the sheriff.
What if its a air rifle.177 pellet gun? Are you allow to shoot in backyard for practice Target?

Last edited by Ghosten15; 12-04-2017 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: Forgot a word

Old 12-04-2017, 09:01 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,150,271 times
Air rifles are fine within city limits but I would check your local ordinances. Some are more restrictive than others.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:20 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,700,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosten15 View Post
What if its a air rifle.177 pellet gun? Are you allow to shoot in backyard for practice Target?

Many communities prohibit the discharge of even a BB gun today. Check with the local LE types.
Where I used to shoot and how I transported my guns as a kid in my home town area would most likely result in someone calling swat today.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:44 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenAFA View Post
Can any one tell me if it is against the law to shoot a gun near someone elses house? I have a neighbor who is shooting every weekend with his buddies about 500 feet from my house makes me very very nervious. We do not live in the city so not city laws apply. I can only find that you cannot hunt with in a 1/4 mile of a house. However, nothing that says you cannot do target practice.

Any help would be great.

Ken

A. A person who with criminal negligence discharges a firearm within or into the limits of any municipality is guilty of a class 6 felony.

If you read 13-3107 it defines municipality as a town not just a city, but my understanding illegal to shoot within 1/4 of a mile of private property or structure unless they receive permission from the owner. I would call the sheriff's office and ask them what the law is. 13-3107 doesn't really say that I'm not exactly sure myself I'm guessing they leave it up to the city's I'm sure the Sheriff's office will know what the law is find out what you can do. I would also take some video of them shooting just in case you need it for evidence.

13-3107. Unlawful discharge of firearms; exceptions; classification; definitions exception is More than one mile from any occupied structure as defined in section 13-3101.

https://www.azleg.gov/viewdocument/?...s/13/03107.htm

The commits about ranges those are permitted by the state so they have an exemption even if they were in the city.

I own several firearms but shooting 500 feet away from a neighbors house is not cool I'm guessing these guys know and don't care what others think.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:03 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,150,271 times
Considering the OP hasn't been on CD since 2009 and only posted this thread...I sure he got it resolved one way or the other.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:37 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,321,255 times
LOL didn't even look at the date maybe someone else can use the information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona