Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 12:26 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,446,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLucas View Post
well the time has come, and we will be off to Tucson shortly (hopefully within the next 2 months), and i've only got a few questions left.

1. how pricey are the cabs in Tucson? i believe i will be selling my car before the move, and be with out one for up to a month.

2. i've done apartment searches on apartments.com, but i just cant get as specific as i'd like. we want an apartment in either Sahuarita, Vail, or Oro Valley. preferably Sahuarita or vail, because my fiance works for raytheon. any suggestions?
If you are going to be driving around much AT ALL, I'd get on Hotwire or Priceline for a rental for a month. I suspect cabs will be pricey in Tucson, they are in Phoenix, and both cities are spread out. You do NOT want to be taking a cab to Vail or Oro Valley or any other outlying area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 08:22 PM

9 posts, read 26,675 times
Tucson is a great city. I lived there for two years before being transferred just south of hell. Stay away from the southwest side unless you want to live in the barrio. Any where around the campus is neat and active and the NE side is more upscale especially near MT. Lemon. It is about a 30 minute drive from the valley to the top and you go from desert to pine forest and 110 degrees to low 80's during the day in the summer. Other real nice bigger "towns" are Sedona, Flagstaff and Kingman. the first two are a bit pricey though. The state is not in real good shape economically or leadership wise for the past few years. We have had a large influx of illegal immigrants and an exodus from California.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:43 AM

461 posts, read 862,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotALizard View Post
Tucson is a great city. I lived there for two years before being transferred just south of hell. Stay away from the southwest side unless you want to live in the barrio. Any where around the campus is neat and active and the NE side is more upscale especially near MT. Lemon. It is about a 30 minute drive from the valley to the top and you go from desert to pine forest and 110 degrees to low 80's during the day in the summer. Other real nice bigger "towns" are Sedona, Flagstaff and Kingman. the first two are a bit pricey though. The state is not in real good shape economically or leadership wise for the past few years. We have had a large influx of illegal immigrants and an exodus from California.
1) Really? Only 30 min? I thought it was about an hour ride to the top?
And really? Pine trees? And a 30 degree cool off? Really?

2) California exodus? I know that inflates the home prices without a base employment, but in the long run...might be good for Tucson? And also, more people to build a better economy on...not sure what that economy is though.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:10 AM

196 posts, read 428,937 times
[quote=MDCB;17775114]1) Really? Only 30 min? I thought it was about an hour ride to the top?
And really? Pine trees? And a 30 degree cool off? Really?

Its probably about 30 min to get to the bottom, and another 30 to reach to the top---thus an hour. And yes- it is significantly cooler. Great break during the summer and make sure to take a hoodie or jacket when visting in spring/fall/winter. You've mentioned skiing up there, so not sure why pine tress would be a surprise? AZ is a VERY diverse state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona