Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 05:42 PM

509 posts, read 1,698,223 times

Advertisements

years ago i could be and was proud of American made goods that i bought . now with the same brands being made overseas sickens me . we are asked to buy foreign prduced stuff but with American names on them . the way i feel is that they deserted us by taking the plants and jobs over there that i do not owe them any loyalty .

Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 PM

263 posts, read 1,079,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
AMEN, Teepolo . . . more proof CHEAP doesn't alway equate to LESS EXPENSIVE.

How many more of these alerts will we endure before we start reading the label of origin instead of just buying CHEAP?

What ever happened to BUY AMERICAN?

So another American screwed over buy an American business. What else is new? XYZ business bought the product directly and our governing agencies allowed the crud to be imported. I think you're mad at the wrong country and people.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:44 AM

150 posts, read 457,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
years ago i could be and was proud of American made goods that i bought . now with the same brands being made overseas sickens me . we are asked to buy foreign prduced stuff but with American names on them . the way i feel is that they deserted us by taking the plants and jobs over there that i do not owe them any loyalty .
Zonie5,
I agree with you when it comes to the abandonment of the corporations taking there production overseas but looking at the situation from a different angle: I'd rather buy American (if i can) because people like you and I will still have a job. I'd rather support people like you and I because we were not the ones who made the decision to send it out of the country.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:50 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,127,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
What's sad is that it can be made on the OTHER side of the damn world, put on a boat, shipped here, trucked to a store and STILL sold for LESS? There is something seriously wrong with this picture.

Not really, they have no standards, no rules, no union, minuscule middle class!!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,356,008 times
I have no problem buying stuff from other countries. Why should I buy something just because it's made here? So I can support the unions and U.S. gov't. through the highest corp. tax structure in the industrialized world and, in some cases, inefficient business models? No thanks. My money looks for the best deal. That doesn't mean I won't buy American. It means I look for the best deal and that includes both quality and price.

I can't remember the last time I bought a house and the MLS printout disclosed where the drywall was made. And, unless I was doing a new construction home on my own, anything in that house that was made abroad was bought and paid for long before that house ever came to my attention. So how can I boycott Chinese drywall, even if I wanted to? And since China bankrolls most of our government's deficit spending, I think helping them is also helping us, depending on your perspective. If every country had a "buy domestic" attitude, we'd be exporting even less than we do already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: