Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 02:29 PM

3 posts, read 19,783 times

Advertisements

I live in Utica NY and I am looking to move to somewhere warm and different. I was looking into moving to AZ. I was looking into Phoenix. I don't know as of yet and of course I won't know for sure unless I go there, but I would like to know before I go there. I want to know as much as possible. Like anything short of me actually being there. If possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 02:35 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,542,428 times
There is all kinds of information here already. Read, read, read, and you will get a lot of information and answers.

Do come to visit. Come in the summer, so you will experience the summer weather-- the weather in other than the hot season is nice and doesn't require much acclimation, except possibly to the dryness.

Arizona's different from NY in many ways, geographical, cultural, demographic. Information on all that is right here. The adjustment involved in moving from one place to another ultimately is an individual thing.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:29 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,284,311 times
I posted a thread similar to this one about moving from Mi to Az. Go experience it for yourself. You might just read read read yourself right of of going there like I did.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 PM

3 posts, read 19,783 times
Thank You

Old 04-28-2009, 02:47 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,195,171 times
My family lives in Ilion, NY! I spent many summers in NY and I can say that it's night and day. I actually don't like the humidity in NY, so I don't ever go there anymore in the summer. There it's green and hilly, here it's brown and mountainous. Both are nice, but just very different.

Where it's all older buildings and homes there, it's all new/er and fresh here. Just totally different! We are a big city compared to Utica!!

Take a visit, especially during the summer and see what you think.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edguz240 View Post
I live in Utica NY and I am looking to move to somewhere warm and different. I was looking into moving to AZ. I was looking into Phoenix. I don't know as of yet and of course I won't know for sure unless I go there, but I would like to know before I go there. I want to know as much as possible. Like anything short of me actually being there. If possible.

Hi, Me and my boyfriend just purchased a house in Maricopa. Right now we live in Watertown, NY, and it gets cold cold in the winter. I'm not big on the heat but my boyfriend always says that it's dry heat. Wether it's 95 or 112 degrees it going to hot. He's lived out there before. I am looking forward to it..........I'll let you know.........Our closing is the 8th of May.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM

13,292 posts, read 21,918,469 times
We moved to AZ from Rockland County, NY, and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Lousy year-round weather, insidious property taxes (probably due to political corruption), rude people, mosquitoes and horse flies, traffic, bad air, boring scenery, ... I could go on. AZ is wonderful! At least where I live. Not sure I'd like Phoenix as much as where I live now, but it has to be better than living back east.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 PM

963 posts, read 2,307,064 times
Default Moving from New York to Phoenix

http://www.abqstyle.com/phoenix/papago_park_22.jpg (broken link)

Having moved from New York City to Phoenix is of course a major change. In some ways it is quite desirable. Much less congestion, lower cost of living. The winters are fabulous and I have developed a fascination for all things southwestern. I am still tickled by the fact that I can drive to the Grand Canyon in about three hours or spend an afternoon in Sedona. I do miss the rich mix of ethnic cultures in New York City. However, once a year visits and the Internet keeps me in the loop in that regard!

Photo: Papago Park, Phoenix, Arizona
AbqStyle Arizona & New Mexico Photography Blog

Old 04-28-2009, 07:44 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,681,346 times
I moved to AZ in 1996 from Ulster County NY. I never looked back, it was the best move I've ever made.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 PM

13,292 posts, read 21,918,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I moved to AZ in 1996 from Ulster County NY. I never looked back, it was the best move I've ever made.
Hey, quit following me around!

Hehe, kidding. Small world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: