Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:21 AM

7 posts, read 19,353 times

Advertisements

Hi there. My wife and I and our two boys of 8 and 5 are very interested in moving to Arizona. We are very much interested in moving to an area with some GENUINE people. Real niceness is a rare thing nowadays, but we have hope that Arizona will have a pocket of genuinely nice people.

We've been to Sedona and Flagstaff recently, so we have a decent "feel" for those areas. I am highly empathic and so is my oldest son, and that is why we are most interested in moving to an area that fosters kindness, if that is at all possible. We love outdoor activities like camping and riding motorcycles and stuff like that, too!

Maybe a nice synchronicity will triangulate with a substantial post to this thread!

Peace to you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 09:32 AM

260 posts, read 511,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bippy_McSquizzle View Post
Hi there. My wife and I and our two boys of 8 and 5 are very interested in moving to Arizona. We are very much interested in moving to an area with some GENUINE people. Real niceness is a rare thing nowadays, but we have hope that Arizona will have a pocket of genuinely nice people.

We've been to Sedona and Flagstaff recently, so we have a decent "feel" for those areas. I am highly empathic and so is my oldest son, and that is why we are most interested in moving to an area that fosters kindness, if that is at all possible. We love outdoor activities like camping and riding motorcycles and stuff like that, too!

Maybe a nice synchronicity will triangulate with a substantial post to this thread!

Peace to you all!
You will find, the people are nice everywhere in Arizona.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:41 AM

7 posts, read 19,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
You will find, the people are nice everywhere in Arizona.
Thank you, I'm glad we got this type of reply out of the way right at the start. It's not very helpful, nor is it accurate. Please don't feel attacked by me, I am just someone that is more interested in what is actually real than in what is deeply wanted to be real.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:12 AM

260 posts, read 511,801 times
What exactly is your Question? People are very GENUINE here in Arizona, and nice.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:12 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
I think your question is a little weird, but I will chime in. Nice people are everywhere in Phoenix/AZ you have to seek them out. It is not the mid west and people do not run over with a pie to greet you as you are unpacking. My neighbor would not even shake my hand, but I have some great immediate neighbors on either side of me that leave us alone but say howdy when we are out in front. Good enough for me. You could join a church as they seem to move in a herd here and are friendly with each other. What are you expecting? Too many folks are losing their jobs and losing their homes to be chummy. You get what you give and will find your own happy place here.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:11 AM

131 posts, read 440,060 times
I hate to burst your bubble but...... Between immigration, gun laws, loss of jobs and housing, Arizona is not a bed of happy campers. I live in Village of Oak Creek and am surrounded by the people you're talking about. This enclave is all of four blocks square. Step outside and now you have to deal with the reality of the aforementioned. Sure, you can find what you're looking for in Arizona but as I hinted at, don't expect it to encompass the wide open spaces.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:16 AM

329 posts, read 1,276,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaShadow View Post
I hate to burst your bubble but...... Between immigration, gun laws, loss of jobs and housing, Arizona is not a bed of happy campers. I live in Village of Oak Creek and am surrounded by the people you're talking about. This enclave is all of four blocks square. Step outside and now you have to deal with the reality of the aforementioned. Sure, you can find what you're looking for in Arizona but as I hinted at, don't expect it to encompass the wide open spaces.
Shadow, it is good to see you back on this forum!

Old 08-08-2010, 11:50 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
The nicest people can be found wherever there are not people who try to make generalizations of entire communities of people based on where they live.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:42 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,269,853 times
According to the New York Times and the Obama justice department you'll find Arizona's best on the Mexican side of the border, just waiting for dark to move in.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:07 PM

204 posts, read 629,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bippy_McSquizzle View Post

Peace to you all!
Are you planning on moving to the valley or up North near Flagstaff or Sedona? They all have a very different feel to them I think. Arizona is a unique mix of people from all over the country so you get your good and your bad. I have only met a handful of people that actually grew up here but I expect that will change with this generation of people that have moved here and are raising their children here. I have met almost as many people here that are from the suburbs of Chicago where I grew up as I did when I lived there : ) Where are you moving from? I would definitely make a trip or two to get a feel of the areas before deciding on one and, since you have two young ones, make those area's schools a priority as our state is not known for it's educational system. In the end I think every place is what you make of it and if you have any other questions about the valley in particular feel free to ask...I have lived from the East Valley to the West : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona