Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 10:08 AM

51 posts, read 193,069 times

Advertisements

Wondering what tucson is like now? It was awful during rush hour I remember that but its been 10 years now since I have been there? Husband is a electrical engineer(plc's) and it seems there are a lot more jobs in that area out west than here on the east coast....plus the cost of living in the lower hudson valley with 3 kids is rough!

I went up to phoenix a few times while living there. Here it is very large now. Any areas to consider in that area? Very open, just need to go where the jobs are.

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 02:54 AM

862 posts, read 2,622,277 times
A LOT has changed. Mostly towards the bad. Traffic is even worse than before. The sprawl and housing growth is ridiculous. Homes have gone up A LOT since 10 years ago. They are probably 2-5 times more than a decade ago.

I would come-by for a week and visit. Then make a decision.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:01 PM

75 posts, read 394,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettrix View Post
A LOT has changed. Mostly towards the bad. Traffic is even worse than before. The sprawl and housing growth is ridiculous. Homes have gone up A LOT since 10 years ago. They are probably 2-5 times more than a decade ago.

I would come-by for a week and visit. Then make a decision.
I AGREE 100%
We are leaving AZ after 7 years here to return to East Coast.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:05 PM

The center of tucson was pretty hectic when I was out there so I can only imagine now. WE lived on the outskirts so it wasn't too bad but had to drive at least 20 minutes for everything. Got used to that though.

Thanks for the heads up on what is going on. Are a lot of people leaving the area now because it is getting too crowded? NY metro is just so expensive and traffic wise here in the hudson valley it is awful by me.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:09 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,960,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanchokiki View Post
Wondering what tucson is like now? It was awful during rush hour I remember that but its been 10 years now since I have been there? Husband is a electrical engineer(plc's) and it seems there are a lot more jobs in that area out west than here on the east coast....plus the cost of living in the lower hudson valley with 3 kids is rough!

I went up to phoenix a few times while living there. Here it is very large now. Any areas to consider in that area? Very open, just need to go where the jobs are.

THANKS!

Where are you in the Hudson Valley? What town?

Old 05-07-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Where are you in the Hudson Valley? What town?
rockland county, haverstraw..right by the hudson river

Old 05-07-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
rockland county, haverstraw..right by the hudson river

Oh ok, I lived in Orange County.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Oh ok, I lived in Orange County.

if we stay in NY that is where we might go/ housing prices are a lot less but taxes are getting to be what they are here. Looking at around 10k for a brand new house....crazy...another reason to want to leave.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
if we stay in NY that is where we might go/ housing prices are a lot less but taxes are getting to be what they are here. Looking at around 10k for a brand new house....crazy...another reason to want to leave.

Look at Walden or Montgomery if you find employement there and you want to stay in NY.

I wish you the best wherever you decide to move

Old 05-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Look at Walden or Montgomery if you find employement there and you want to stay in NY.

I wish you the best wherever you decide to move
Funny you said that! we where actually looking to build a new home there. Turns out though we didn't care for paying HOA fees or the fact their contract was awful. COuld have negotiated but felt would be better to buy a resale.

ALso, my husband's job has turned into a 24/7 thing, basically on call all the time and working most sat's and some sundays. So if we did go into orange ti would be closer to rockland border. He works in the quarry here so he would be staying with this job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: