Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 06:18 PM

326 posts, read 672,408 times

Advertisements

According to Joe Liberty, probably the most knowledgeable realtor when it comes to Whispering Ranch, sales prices have been up a bit in 2019 compared to 2018. Access to the southeastern part should be quite easy. Any undesirable types are likely hiding further inwards of the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 01:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,162 times
Hello Everyone,

My father has owned land in Whispering Ranch for 25 years... mostly for camping and doing things boys love to do. His property is in an amazingly beautiful spot on 311th Ave. Much further in than some of you on here. As the trust is in my name I guess that it is mine too, and will be for years to come. )

As a young child I was not able to appreciate the beauty of the area, but now that has changed. Today I went for a drive in the area and will be going to the actual land next Saturday. I just popped on to do some research and stumbled across this thread and thankful that I did.

It is nice to know as the years move forward people who want to better the area may be moving in. Maybe goodness and good people can replace the undesirables out there. I have been told by my father, as I was rattling off the possibilities I envisioned, that I can not take anything out there and leave it (trailers have been burned to the ground)... so he has been fearful of developing on it and does not see that happening in his lifetime although it is and always has been a dream of his.

I currently live and teach 8th grade Science in Verrado out in Buckeye, but plan on spending more time out there even if it is just camping on my property with the hopes that one day I can develop and enjoy the miraculous view that my father purchased years ago!!

I have learned so much from just reading this thread and look forward to hearing much more about improvements, developments, and possible future neighbors.

Here is to hoping we can bring what is good about humanity to Whispering Ranch!! With such a beautiful name and kind people living there... the future could be sooooo bright.

Proud owner of land in Whispering Ranch with the desire to create a community of respectful, kind, & peaceful people.

For those with future plans to develop... what type of home do you envision?

Obviously self-sustaining... but I would like to explore the idea of a custom container home!! I have seen some truly beautiful ones and there is a great architect in the valley. Now it is just a matter of saving, years to see how WR develops, and did I say money... LOL!

Have a great day!

Old 09-06-2020, 08:46 AM

6 posts, read 9,810 times
Yes it is absolutley beautiful Because of covid I will not be visiting my land this October as planned..but I do hope someday to put a small self sustaining home on my property. Since it is 5 acres I have plenty around me, same as you, saving up for it and waiting until I retire to enjoy the view and with towns being within 10 minutes it's the best of both worlds.

Old 09-06-2020, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,162 times
SUE2021

I was hopeful after reading this thread, and you specifically stood out to me. The hopes of good people coming in, in the future, makes my father and I so happy. I will keep you and everyone here as up to date as I can as I become more invested in my property and more knowledgeable of the area!!

Here is to hoping for a bright future and maybe some future neighbors!!

Old 07-03-2022, 03:15 AM

326 posts, read 672,408 times
I was back in AZ on a family vacation visiting our land out in "the Ranch". We stayed in Surprise and we were pleasently surprised what a beautiful town it is. It's new of course but now also has quite a lot of amenities. We could live there. It's also only a short drive to Whispering Ranch. On the way we saw quite a few smaller residential areas and it's really only the last ten minutes or so of the drive to our parcel when it feels like being far away from almost everything. Having said that, from our parcel which is at 299th Av. and Montgomery, just one mile off the paved road, we can see our neighbor and we saw an RV camping on the land next to his.

Even my wife who has always been sceptical about the location thought that it now didn't feel nearly as remote to her as it did in the past.

When Douglas Ranch gets built, and they say they are starting to sell next year, this area will be even closer to major developments. I feel good about it's future. Stefan

Old 01-01-2024, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 331 times
Default whispering ranch update

Just inherited my lot in Whispering Ranch. Read through the posts and wondering if anyone has any updates concerning the utilities and/or growth of the area since the last post mid 2022.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona