Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:45 PM

24 posts, read 53,386 times

Advertisements

what i meant to say is Anyone live or from Yuma, Az? i miss that town alot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 10:28 PM

455 posts, read 1,498,815 times
I'm from Yuma, not a native but have been here most of my life (since '71). I like it here.

Curly

Old 01-21-2010, 12:17 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly5759 View Post
I'm from Yuma, not a native but have been here most of my life (since '71). I like it here.

Curly
That is a good part of your life...

Old 01-21-2010, 03:24 PM

24 posts, read 53,386 times
I miss Yuma too. have a good friend that still lives there. It's a great town to live in. Hate the HEAT during the summer months.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:19 PM

9 posts, read 26,529 times
Hurrah! Nice to hear something good about Yuma for a change. I've been here 10 years, it's a pretty nice place to live.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:22 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,013 times
did anyone here read about the new city within a city project they are going to build outside of yuma by araby road? sounds really nice, It will definately bring some jobs here and looks like it will be a nice place when they get done.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:05 PM

5 posts, read 11,164 times
Yuma is one of the Marine Corps best kept secrets. Yes it is extremely hot in the summer, but there is a friendly atmosphere year round. I spent my first enlistment there. I regret the day I left. I cannot say enough about how much I miss that place. Yuma has magnificent customer service, the people there bend over backwards to give you a good experience at their restaurants. It is nothing like the slum I am stationed at now (Jacksonville, NC). There is a lot to do in Yuma. If you enjoy great food there is no shortage of fantastic restaurants in Yuma. If you like to take your 4 wheeler out for a ride you can either do it on mountain trails or out at the dunes (a few miles west of Yuma). If culture is your thing, Mexico is less than 3 minutes away. San Diego is within 2 1/2-3 hours of Yuma. Yuma is a jewel in the middle of the desert. It is hot, but worth every degree.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestAbe2004 View Post
Yuma is one of the Marine Corps best kept secrets. Yes it is extremely hot in the summer, but there is a friendly atmosphere year round. I spent my first enlistment there. I regret the day I left. I cannot say enough about how much I miss that place. Yuma has magnificent customer service, the people there bend over backwards to give you a good experience at their restaurants. It is nothing like the slum I am stationed at now (Jacksonville, NC). There is a lot to do in Yuma. If you enjoy great food there is no shortage of fantastic restaurants in Yuma. If you like to take your 4 wheeler out for a ride you can either do it on mountain trails or out at the dunes (a few miles west of Yuma). If culture is your thing, Mexico is less than 3 minutes away. San Diego is within 2 1/2-3 hours of Yuma. Yuma is a jewel in the middle of the desert. It is hot, but worth every degree.
you couldnt have lived here long, omg magnificent customer service? i have yet after 6 yrs to see that here. or the tons of things to do. oh and mexico is more than 3 minutes away, its more like 15 -20 minutes and now you have to go get a passport to do that.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:44 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
you couldnt have lived here long, omg magnificent customer service? i have yet after 6 yrs to see that here. or the tons of things to do. oh and mexico is more than 3 minutes away, its more like 15 -20 minutes and now you have to go get a passport to do that.
The man expressed his opinions. They are at least as valid as yours. Probably more.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
The man expressed his opinions. They are at least as valid as yours. Probably more.
you dont even live here so you have no idea-. yeah he does have a right to his opinion and so do I. An opinion is a opinion doesnt mean one is more valid than the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona