Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 06:33 PM

9 posts, read 42,656 times

Advertisements

My fiancee and I will be relocating the Phoenix-Scottsdale area in the next few months for his job. I have been reading up on the area, including the threads on this site.

Several posts on the site talk about community stereotypes, crime, and scorpions. What I would really like to know is:

1) What cities/areas have the most diversity in terms ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, age, etc.?

2) Of those areas, where would you choose to reside and why?

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 07:39 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,456,354 times
It's easier to ask where isn't it diverse. Gilbert is the only place that comes to mind right away. There are many LDS people there and I noticed that there isn't much ethnic diversity.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:19 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,180,783 times
Tempe? There's a lot of diversity there.

I don't think you will find much diversity in Scottsdale at all. It will be more upper middle class, white, middle age, straight, one religion type of place.

Most areas of Phoenix will be much more diverse than Scottsdale. Even with that said I'd live in Scottsdale, but I'm not looking for much diversity- I don't care much about what my neighbors are like, unless they party all the time, keep their property looking like crap, or are total asses.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:52 PM

26 posts, read 169,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Tempe? There's a lot of diversity there.

I don't think you will find much diversity in Scottsdale at all. It will be more upper middle class, white, middle age, straight, one religion type of place.
Agreed, Tempe is probably the best bet in terms of diversity. Some areas near Luke AFB can be diverse due to the large military population - but this is a transient group of people.

I do think that there is plenty of diversity in Scottsdale though, just depends on which part of the city you are in. South/Old-Town Scottsdale have a combination of working class, young families, college students, retires, etc.

One thing to note: Phoenix as a whole is predominately white -- so each of the surrounding cities will be a reflection of this.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:31 AM

51 posts, read 276,493 times
Tempe is good. North Phoenix is getting pretty diverse too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona