Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:20 PM

861 posts, read 2,193,374 times

Advertisements

Here is a taste of Mt Graham

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,358,479 times
Beautiful.
Much nicer the charred crest of Mt Lemon, I have to admit.

Ken

Old 05-22-2010, 09:50 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,358,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Aaand...some of the nicest mountains, canyons, rivers, and streams...Safford has all kinds of scenic surroundings.
I've not yet been up to Safford or it's surrounding mountains - but based on your fabulous photos I'd have to agree - and move the place up on my "to see" list.

Ken

Old 05-23-2010, 09:13 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,449,187 times
Quote:
Here is a taste of Mt Graham
LOL - your pictures (on another post, from a few months ago) are what made me start looking at the Safford area. They're gorgeous

But if I don't have a pine tree growing through my deck, I at least want pine trees on my property. So far, I haven't found any houses on Mt Graham.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
LOL - your pictures (on another post, from a few months ago) are what made me start looking at the Safford area. They're gorgeous

But if I don't have a pine tree growing through my deck, I at least want pine trees on my property. So far, I haven't found any houses on Mt Graham.
Elderica and Allepo pines grow real well here in the valley....just plant a few...

Old 05-23-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

And there are privately owned cabins on Mt Graham....and once in a millennia they come up for sale....well...maybe not that often. I know if I owned one, you couldn't pry it out of my hands...

Old 05-24-2010, 08:48 AM

82 posts, read 371,056 times
Quote:
And there are privately owned cabins on Mt Graham....and once in a millennia they come up for sale....well...maybe not that often. I know if I owned one, you couldn't pry it out of my hands...
Those cabins are on a federal lease program and you can not live in them full time. There are no full time residences on Mt. Graham.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyPioneer View Post
Those cabins are on a federal lease program and you can not live in them full time. There are no full time residences on Mt. Graham.
I believe your right...

Whoa!!!!!...we agreed on something...will wonders never cease

Just yankin' your chain dude...have a nice day....

Old 05-31-2010, 10:05 AM

16 posts, read 50,265 times
I remember Mt Graham from my childhood...my family used to camp there, before the observatory was built. I understand that has changed some things. But it still does look very beautiful based on the pictures posted.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:46 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,871,043 times
With this being Memorial Day, it brought back a great memory of Safford. On Memorial Day, 1977, my wife and I were on our way back to El Paso when our fan belt broke on our Volvo just east of Safford. Across the highway was a farm house and we went to ask to use the phone (remember, no cell phones then). These very nice people asked us in and then took me back to town to a Auto parts place that was open on the holiday ( like an AutoZone or O'Reilleys). I bought the fan belt and then the farmer and his hired hand PUT THE BELT ON the car for us. Meanwhile, my wife was inside the nice, cool farm house . I offered them $20 but they would not hear of it. We always remembered them as "angels of mercy" and appreciated their help and kindness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona